1. Hey Guest Please vote for us at https://vote.cityprison.net You'll get awesome rewards like Kits, Crates, Money and more! Make sure to vote every 24 hours! - Thanks :)
  2. Hey Guest, If you can please support us by donating to our server! https://donate.cityprison.net it helps us keep going and growing our minecraft network. We've bee open for over 5 years!

Celebrating half a decade - CityPrison's 5th anniversary

Discussion in 'Anouncements' started by Ashour, May 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashour

Ashour Need help? PM me! OR email me at "[email protected]"
    Staff Member Owner Forum Admin

Hello, it's me. Ashour.
    I was wondering if after all these years you'd think we'd miss a anniversary celebration?

Well we didn't -.- over the past 2 months or so @Diamond_Rush1 and I have been working tirelessly on a VERY large update for CityPrison and our 5th anniversary, it just so happens to also be a VERY large coincidence that it's nicknamed 'CityPrison 5.0"

More on that in a bit.

I'd like to start off with saying how exciting it is to be going into our 5th year, it's something I could never imagine occurring. It's beyond amazing to be around for HALF A DECADE. Our community has been around for a 1/3 of some of our players lifetime, not only is this an accomplishment that our community should be proud of it's a goal that would be beyond anyone's imagination. To think, 5 years ago we where simplifying trying to make a normal minecraft server where everyone could join and play and to today, one of the largest Non-OP Minecraft Prison Servers.
    Over the years we've seen hundreds of thousands of unique logins.

CityPrison started out as a hobby, and it still is. We've been able to survive 5 years and we hope to stay strong for 5 more years, our community has something special to it, we don't just leave. Many people have crafted very strong bonds through our server, friendships have been founded (they've also been broken). Many of our players spend countless hours playing and to those players I say thank you.

For the countless staff members who have dedicated tens of thousands of hours throughout the years, I say thank you.

Every player who has joined our server, every player who has tried applying and every accepted staff member. I say thank you. Without you guys, CityPrison would be nothing it is today.

I'm really terrible at these, so I'm just going to go ahead and jump into CityPrison 5.0

CityPrison 5.0 marks a new chapter, a fully revamped prison. Typically with every large version (3.0, 4.0, 5.0 ETC) there is a reset... So yes CityPrison 5.0 will have a TOTAL RESET.
    ChestKeepers, PV's, Inventories, Plots, Ranks, Balance EVERYTHING including BANS (most)!!!

With this 5.0 revamp, we're releasing a new spawn. Featuring a custom made build by our team.
    We're also releasing new blocks for our players to enjoy.
    We're changing PvP for some of our blocks, D will no longer have PvP enabled, E will have PvP enabled as well as G & A-Block PvP area (like it is right now)

Some other notable changes including our ranking system.
    Currently we have:
    A-M Drug, Abyss, Utopia, Citizen, Pres[#]

This is changing to the following:
    A-M, Drug, Pres1, NetherMaster, Pres2, Citizen

This is a slight change. Dropping 2 ranks we believed where added in to help balance the economy but ultimately did not really fit. In the future we may add Utopia, Abyss, Pres3 as an additional way to balance out the economy, but at this time the above remains in effectas the final ranking system.
    Note, Pres1 will be rather difficult to complete as once completing it will allow you to access a free world with Factions enabled. Chest placing of any kind is DISABLED but faction claiming IS allowed and WILL work. This serves the purpose of allowing people to build freely, but will NOT be able to store items like a plot.
    Factions home & all teleportation is disabled. Claiming is also limited to a lower capacity to not allow massive plots like builds.
    Citizen World will also have all farming disabled (Cactus and Sugar cane is simply not going to grow but you will be able to place it.)

Now that the ranks are explained, CityPrison 5.0 also contains a 100% top to bottom rework of our backend.
    Dozens of plugins have been updated, a majority of our custom plugins have been modified to allow us to extend support to new features such as JSON chat (see the new chat!)

Many of the help menus have changed in color and design.

a large portion of our plugins have been either updated, recreated, replaced or removed. almost everything was modified to an extent.

McMMO contains a whole revamp from different limits such as the fishing limit being lifted.

We also introduced a nerfing feature in McMMO, we cannot disclose how it works but if you do not have enough activity over a 90 day period it will destroy your McMMO (Not just logging in, but you MUST have a certain amount of hours every 90 days to not be deleted)
    This prevents OP players from returning and dominating in PvP without any work.

Our Wiki will also been released and we encourage people to post suggestions on modifications in the suggestions & bug section.

The suggestion & Bug section was also wiped clean, if you have a suggestion or bug for our 5.0 release feel free to post it.

With all these updates we want to warn the community that we expect some bugs or unexpected issues to arise, so please be aware of this and expect some issues in the coming weeks.

Some of the more notable changes as well as additional information will be released in the following days.
    Currently we expect to reset on Friday 6/2/17 although this may change and be pushed to Saturday 6/3/17 depending on some final additions we are working through.
    We hope to see you on in the final days of our 4.0 map :)

Thank You, and cheers to another 5, 6, 7 ∞ years to come.

- Ashour | SrWarden | Owner
    - Diamond_Rush1 | SrWarden | Co-Owner

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. Diamond_Rush1

Staff Member Owner Forum Admin Member

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. HypeInLimitz

HypeInLimitz Member
    SrGuard Wiki Team F-Block Member

A reset!
    Race you guys to the top!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Spritecode

Spritecode Member

THANKS DAD FOR RESETING NOW I'M GONNA BE HAPPY FR A WHILEEEEEEE

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. ThomasGoldie

ThomasGoldie Member

Why did i have to hack i wanna get on D:::

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. ThunderBuddy34

ThunderBuddy34 New Member

A fresh restart. This was needed good decision.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Diamond_Rush1

Reset hasn't happened yet. <3

8. ThomasGoldie

ThomasGoldie Member

when is it??

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Ashour

I spent alot of time on that thread.

Please read it all ;(

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. ThomasGoldie

ThomasGoldie Member

XD its big

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. ThomasGoldie

ThomasGoldie Member

also when am i allowed to appeal?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Diamond_Rush1

CityPrison 5.0 will have a TOTAL RESET.
    ChestKeepers, PV's, Inventories, Plots, Ranks, Balance EVERYTHING including BANS (most)!!!

TOTAL RESET.
    including BANS (most)!!!

RESET.
    including BANS

13. ThomasGoldie

ThomasGoldie Member

OMG IM SO HYPED

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. ThomasGoldie

ThomasGoldie Member

IM FORMATING MY PC TO GET RID OF ANY TRACE OF HACKS XD

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Dat1Porkchop

Dat1Porkchop Carrot Connoisseur
    Support Premium Member

It's an exciting time to be a CP Player ;) Really looking forward to these updates.

(Warning this post is extremely cheesey, you have been warned ;))

The time I've spent here has been a blast. I've met some amazing people (and some not-so). I am so grateful to not only Ash and Diamond and the rest of the staff team for making CP what it is today, but to the player base, for sticking around for 5 years and continuing to make this server a place I keep coming back to.

There's been ups, there's been downs. But I'm really very excited to see what the future holds. CP really is something very special.

Here's to another half-a-decade of CP
    [​IMG]

#15 Dat1Porkchop, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Mr_lonely132

Mr_lonely132 Member
    Support Member

Reset :D

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Michael053129

Michael053129 New Member

Kind of set to reset cause I swear to god it took me like 3 years get to P1-L so rip, and is donor rank reset too? or do we keep the donor ranks, and do we also keep donor perms, such as /nick /color, /pp and donor plots

18. owen1445

owen1445 Active Member
    Prestige-2 Titanium Premium Member

False bans too!?!?!

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. XxEpIcXcReEpErXx

XxEpIcXcReEpErXx Onions have layers
    Premium Member

Are donor plots being reset as well as regular ones?

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Ashour

Everything means everything.

Plots will be reissued as a staged processs most likely a week after the reset.

*edit*
    only donors will be reissued.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.