1. Hey Guest Please vote for us at https://vote.cityprison.net You'll get awesome rewards like Kits, Crates, Money and more! Make sure to vote every 24 hours! - Thanks :)
  2. Hey Guest, If you can please support us by donating to our server! https://donate.cityprison.net it helps us keep going and growing our minecraft network. We've been open for over 5 years!

ChatMod Application: Shopz

Discussion in 'Junk' started by Shopz, Aug 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shopz

Shopz Member

IGN: Shopz

How old are you: 14, 15 in 60 days.

What is your time-zone (GMT):

Mountain Daylight Time (MDT)

GMT-6 (Summer)

GMT-7 (Winter)

How long have you played on City Prison: I’ve been playing CP since it came out. I played about 6 months when CP came out. Unfortunately I dropped it for 4 years and came back August 19th 2017.

How many hours a day can you be on for: I have a really busy schedule so here are my hours:

Monday: 5-11pm

Tuesday: 5-11pm

Wednesday: 3-11pm

Thurday: 3-5pm 9-11pm

Friday: 3pm-midnight+

Saturday: 7-9am 3-midnight+

Sunday: 7-10am 12-4pm 8-10pm

What is your current rank (Block): I’m currently H block.

Do you have experience with prison servers: I’ve played prison servers collectively for 5 years. I’ve barely played anything else.

Do you have experience with support/helper ranks: Yes, quite a lot actually:

MomentoNetwork: Moderator 2 years (active 1.1k+ forums posts)

PhoenixPrison: Owner/Warden for 6 months (server got big so I sold it to someone who let it die :/)

ClashPrison: Head-Admin for 8 months (owner was satisfied with the amount of money he made so he shut it down)

I have lots of experience with Slack, Discord, Teamspeak, Skype, join.me, and tawk.to (24/7 live help).

Have you read all of the server rules, understand the donation
    system, and the way the server works: I’ve read the rules and additions to the rules multiple times and can enforce them accordingly.

What makes you the best support/helper applicant:

I have had plenty of experience with punishing players that break the rules. I am currently in Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) so I'll be able to get on at later hours when other staff members are offline. I have also read the rules several times and know exactly what to do when someone breaks one. I'm on the forums almost all of the time and I have a shortcut for it on my phone homescreen. I also understand that the position of ChatMod needs to be taken seriously and is not just a tag.

Do you have Discord and Teamspeak (Must have a mic): I have both.

Additional Info: I partake in the high school football team which is why my schedule is so crazy.

Q1: How do I earn money? You earn money by completing quests and mining and selling ores. You can mine ores at /warp a and sell them at the a-block shop.

Q2: Where do I get food? Will I starve? You can get food at public mob grinders in certain blocks. If you donate using /donate or by visiting donate.cityprison.com, you can get the /feed command to never go hungry again! If you don’t want to donate and can’t find a mob grinder, you can use /kit food every five minutes to get five pieces of steak.

Q3: Why can't I have a sword? Swords are contraband meaning if an on-duty guard catches you with one, they can ask for it. Failure to comply will result in a jailing for 5 minutes. If you have an enchanted sword, it’s 10 minutes, unless you’re a donor, then it’s only 1.25mins.

Q4: What are drugs?
    Drugs are the potions of prison. Once you reach DrugDealer (DrugLord), you can grow cactus and exchange it for drugs, each one having a different potion effect.

Q5: How do I vote? Type /vote and click the link. The link will take you to CP’s website and will have all of the voting sites for you to click on. Once you’re on the site all you need to do is enter your Minecraft name (cAsE sEnSiTiVe), and do the captcha. Click vote, and you’re done!

Q6: How much is a plot? A 10x10 plot is typically $5.00 USD ($2.50 now with the sale). In addition, you can purchase a 50x50 plot for $20 USD ($10 now). By using the command /donate, you can purchase the plot along with various other goods.

Q7: How can you tell how much time you have left on a cell? If you right click on the sign outside of the sell you wish to view, a messages with show up in chat informing you of the time remaining.

Q8: Why am I in jail? You’re either in jail for illegal contraband, or you asked a guard to jail you to take a look around. Having the contraband is okay, but if a guard sees you with it, they can ask for it. Refusal to comply will result in a jailing.

Q9: Where can I see how much time my friend is banned for? There’s a nifty spot on the website that allows you to see all punishments of all players, here.

Q10: Someone stole my iron from a furnace, can you get it back for me? No, staff members cannot replace lost items in-game. The furnace areas are meant for everyone to use so you need to watch out for pesky iron thieves. Sadly, there are no warranties in Minecraft.

Q11: How do I get that funny number to sell a sword on a sign? After you create a shop, you can left click your shop sign and it will auto-magic-ally add that specific sword to the sign to be sold or bought.

Q12: How do I become a chatmod? If you’d like to become a ChatMod or JrGuard, you can fill out an application similarly to what I’m doing right now. The applications section is here, and make sure to use the format found here.

Q13: I hate this. How can I just go buy my freedom with real money? Yes, you can, but not at the moment. Currently, they have been removed from the store, but they will be back soon.

Q14: Who owns this server? The owner(s) of this server are Diamond and Ashour.

Q15: Why is my name green? Your name is green when your name is mentioned in chat.

Q16: What are grams? Grams are the main unit used to measure amounts of drugs, though grams could be used in any other measurement.

Q17: How much does a cell cost? Cells are 15,000 per 24 hours. You can stock up on multiple days in the cell menu by clicking the sign outside your cell.

Q18: How do I escape? You can’t. The closest you can get to escaping is the DrugWorld.

Q19: How do I report a player? You can report a player on the forums here. Just make sure you follow the format!

Q20: I fell through the world, can I have my things back? Yes, but you need substantial proof. Proof before the fall and during the fall. The reason for this is, anyone can claim they had a god set before they fell out of the map when really, they never did. Unfortunately, all games have glitches that are out of the control of server owners.

Q21: How do I do quests? Right-click on NPCs that are scattered around the prison and click on the item in the NPC menu to start your quest! Use /quests journal to view all of your active quests. Good luck!

Q22: Can I have OP? No, and continually asking will result in a 7 day banishment from CP.

Q23: Am I allowed to use an enchanted pick? Yes, but keep it hidden around prison guards or they can ask for it, if you don’t give it to them, you’ll be jailed.

Q24: Can you unban my friend? How can they get unbanned? I, myself, cannot. Your friend however, can write an appeal here. Or buy an unban here.

Q25: Can a friend be added to my plot or perm cell? If so, how? If you’d like to add a friend to your plot, you can use the command /plot add (name) and they’ll be able to mine so long as you’re online. If you’d like to have them work on and use your plot whilst you’re offline, you can contact a Tier 4+ (Admin+JrWarden) staff member to do that for you.

Thanks for reading!
    Shopz

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Hollygwood

Hollygwood Active Member
    Titanium Member

Hello.
    Looking at your application, I can tell you that you need A LOT more detail per question.
    Below I will list some questions that I think could use more details.

First off, there are MANY other ways of earning money. You mentioned mining, how does one get a pick? Can I use a kit? If so, how often? What about fishing, lotteries, voting, etc? Also, where else can I sell my items for even more money? There's also the Ah or /auc, and do I have to be a certain rank to use them? If so, what rank?

Not really all that important, but maybe list where some animal farms are, to make it easier on people.

Could you maybe list some or all of the drugs, how much cacti each drug requires, and what they give you? (If you don't know, don't worry about it, or simply ask someone c: ) Also, what else can I do in drug other than collect cactus?

How many times a day can I vote? What is my reward per vote?

Well, those are donation prices. Can I buy one with in game money? If so, what is the command, and how much will it cost me?

Are there any requirements? Like, do I have to be a certain age or rank to apply? If I am underage, what can I do? Who do I ask?

Do you by chance know what block(s) would be considered freedom?

Diamond_Rush1 (Maybe say full name so people know who you're talking about :p ) How could I contact either of them if needed?

Actually the currency of the server

Where can I rent a cell? Can I donate for one? If so, how much would it cost?
    (I believe that number is wrong, also. I checked, and it was $500, not $15,000. Maybe depends on where you buy them?)

What kind of ban is it? Can I appeal?

How can I get an enchanted pick? Can I use a kit? How often? At what rank can I enchant my own?

What can I do if I run out of room on my plot, but want to add another friend? Can I donate for something? If so, how much would it cost me? Also, I don't know if you can still ask someone to trust them to your plot. I noticed on the donation page, here, that you can donate to trust players to your plot.

Overall, it's not a bad start.
    You can never go wrong with more details, though.
    Make sure you're active in chat, whether it's answering a question, congratulating a player on ranking up, or simply welcoming them.
    With this being said,

Good luck!

~<3~

• Friendly x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  3. Shopz

Shopz Member

Boy, did I see this coming.

Every ChatMod application ever has a list of all drugs, it's not necessary. If I were asked this in-game, I'd list them.
    We must not be in the same timezone, because I'm talking in chat almost 24/7, lol.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. King_Of_Dwarfs_c

Holly is still right, you need to have as much detail as possible to prove you know what you are doing and are worthy of staff.

Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Bossing

Bossing Active Member

Ok, holly just took a lot of time out of her day to try and help you with your application so instead of being a smartass why don't you thank her and use her suggestions.

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  6. Secret_Worker

Secret_Worker Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. XxEpIcXcReEpErXx

XxEpIcXcReEpErXx Legit Boss
    Premium Member

Actually that means it's one thing that every other chatmod application has more than this one. Giving one more reason for them to be accepted instead of you. Your reply to Holly seemed rather arrogant which is probably part of the reason you've had a few negative comments because it makes us like you less. Try being more grateful and actually take on the information like Bossing said. Good Luck

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Shopz

Shopz Member

Look guys, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come off as rude or mean. I know I can't use this as an excuse but after I had submitted my application, I found out that one of my best friends was in a horrible car accident and is still in the hospital right now. I'm still at the hospital now, and I've started to calm down because a nurse came to me and told me he'd be okay. In the future, I'll try my hardest not to let my personal life to affect my attitude in-game or here on the forums.

@Hollygwood your suggestions are amazing, thank you!

Q1: How do I earn money? You earn money by completing quests and mining and selling ores. You can mine ores at /warp a and sell them at the a-block shop. You can also enter the lottery, each ticket costs $1,000. To enter, use the command /lotto buy (amount of tickets you'd like to purchase). You can also auction off your valuable items with /auction or you can place them in the auction house where anyone can pay a one-time fee to acquire an item, without having to fight with other players for it. Additionally, you can chop wood and sell it at the back of the tree mine at /warp a.

Q2: Where do I get food? Will I starve? You can get food at public mob grinders in certain blocks. If you donate using /donate or by visiting donate.cityprison.com, you can get the /feed command to never go hungry again! If you don’t want to donate and can’t find a mob grinder, you can use /kit food every five minutes to get five pieces of steak. The mob grinders can be found at: B, E, F, H, and all donor mines as far as I know.

Q4: What are drugs? Drugs are the potions of prison. Once you reach DrugDealer (DrugLord), you can grow cactus and trade it villagers for drugs, each one having a different potion effect. Some of the drugs you may encounter are:

Steroids: Haste
    Cost:
    Small: 64
    Medium: 96
    Large: 128

Super speed: Speed
    Cost:
    Small: 80

Ninja: Invisibility
    Cost:

Health: Health boost instantly
    Cost: Unsure

Hops: Jump boost
    Cost:

Rocky: Strength
    Cost:

FireFighter: Fire resistance
    Cost:
    Small: 96
    Medium: 128

Diver: Underwater breathing
    Cost:
    Small: 48
    Medium: 64
    Large: 80

Bat: Night vision
    Cost:
    Medium: 80
    Large: 96

Healer: Regeneration
    Cost: 96

Q5: How do I vote? Type /vote and click the link. The link will take you to CP’s website and will have all of the voting sites for you to click on. Once you’re on the site all you need to do is enter your Minecraft name (cAsE sEnSiTiVe), and do the captcha. Click vote, and you’re done! You can vote up to 5 times a day receiving $1,000 per vote!

Q6: How much is a plot? A 10x10 plot is typically $5.00 USD ($2.50 now with the sale). In addition, you can purchase a 50x50 plot for $20 USD ($10 now). By using the command /donate, you can purchase the plot along with various other goods.

Q12: How do I become a chatmod? If you’d like to become a ChatMod or JrGuard, you can fill out an application similarly to what I’m doing right now. The applications section is here, and make sure to use the format found here. The age limit is 14, if you are underage you can ask a Tier 4 staff member if you could still apply. If they say you can, make sure you include it in your application.

Q13: I hate this. Can I just go buy my freedom with real money? Yes, you can, but not at the moment. Currently, they have been removed from the store, but they will be back soon. DrugLord+ is considered freedom, so goodluck!

Q14: Who owns this server? The owner(s) of this server are Diamond_Rush1 and Ashour. To contact them, you can PM them here on the forums, or you can send Ashour an email at [email protected].

Q16: What are grams? Grams are the currency of CP.

Q17: How much does a cell cost? Cells are $500 per 24 hours at /warp e. You can stock up on multiple days in the cell menu by clicking the sign outside your cell. Cells work the same way at /warp bm, except they're $15,000 per day instead of $500. You can also purchase one in the CP Shop.

Q22: Can I have OP? No, and continually asking will result in a 7 day temp-ban from CP.

Q23: Am I allowed to use an enchanted pick? Yes, but keep it hidden around prison guards or they can ask for it, if you don’t give it to them, you’ll be jailed. You can either enchant a pickaxe at D-Block+ or you can purchase a donor rank and get it in a kit you can redeem once a week. Currently, kits aren't available, but I'm sure they will be soon! :)

Q25: Can a friend be added to my plot or perm cell? If so, how? If you’d like to add a friend to your plot, you can use the command /plot add (name) and they’ll be able to mine so long as you’re online. If you'd like to add friends to use your plot whilst you're offline, you can purchase the trust command
    here!

Sorry everyone for the misunderstanding :/

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. ImaRoguez

ImaRoguez New Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Shopz

Shopz Member

Why? If I may ask?

11. Bossing

Bossing Active Member

I'm going to stay neutral for now but I would suggest adding more detail ( adding more detail will show you really know what your talking about and also, these updates show your dedicated so ALWAYS try to add more detail. One thing you could do is look at other people's application to see what they said, NOT to copy but to see the general idea of the stuff they wrote)

I didn't like what you said to WOOD so I called you out on it ( maybe I was a little harsh) but I liked that you apologized for it and went on to take her advice. So basically just add more detail through constant updates ( and by constant I don't mean try to use them to boost your app) and I'll +1 this app. For now I'm neutral. Gl

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Shopz

Shopz Member

Thanks, man. Will do.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. XxEpIcXcReEpErXx

XxEpIcXcReEpErXx Legit Boss
    Premium Member

I think it was mature of you to admit to what you've done wrong and apologise so I'll +1 the app.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ItzRubix_

ItzRubix_ Member
    God Member

I think it needs more detail but I think once that's done it will be a solid application. People would want too much detail then too little detail. -1 for the time being.

15. Shopz

Shopz Member

Q1: How do I earn money? You earn money by completing quests and mining and selling ores. You can mine ores at /warp a and sell them at the a-block shop. You can also enter the lottery, each ticket costs $1,000. To enter, use the command /lotto buy (amount of tickets you'd like to purchase). You can also auction off your valuable items with /auction or you can place them in the auction house where anyone can pay a one-time fee to acquire an item, without having to fight with other players for it. Additionally, you can chop wood and sell it at the back of the tree mine at /warp a.

Q2: Where do I get food? Will I starve? You can get food at public mob grinders in certain blocks. If you donate using /donate or by visiting donate.cityprison.com, you can get the /feed command to never go hungry again! If you don’t want to donate and can’t find a mob grinder, you can use /kit food every five minutes to get five pieces of steak. The mob grinders can be found at: B, E, F, H, and all donor mines as far as I know.

Q3: Why can't I have a sword? Swords are contraband meaning if an on-duty guard catches you with one, they can ask for it. Failure to comply will result in a jailing for 5 minutes. If you have an enchanted sword, it’s 10 minutes, unless you’re a donor, then it’s only 5.

Q4: What are drugs? Drugs are the potions of prison. Once you reach DrugDealer (DrugLord), you can grow cactus and trade it villagers for drugs, each one having a different potion effect. Some of the drugs you may encounter are:

Steroids: Haste
    Cost:

Super speed: Speed
    Cost:

Ninja: Invisibility
    Cost:

Health: Health boost instantly
    Cost: Unsure

Hops: Jump boost
    Cost:

Rocky: Strength
    Cost:

FireFighter: Fire resistance
    Cost:
    Small: 96
    Medium: 128

Diver: Underwater breathing
    Cost:
    Small: 48
    Medium: 64
    Large: 80

Bat: Night vision
    Cost:
    Medium: 80
    Large: 96

Healer: Regeneration
    Cost: 96

Q5: How do I vote? Type /vote and click the link. The link will take you to CP’s website and will have all of the voting sites for you to click on. Once you’re on the site all you need to do is enter your Minecraft name (cAsE sEnSiTiVe), and do the captcha. Click vote, and you’re done! You can vote up to 5 times a day receiving $1,000 per vote! If you end up with the most amount of votes at the end of the month, you get a $100 voucher for the store!

Q6: How much is a plot? A 10x10 plot is typically $5.00 USD ($2.50 now with the sale). In addition, you can purchase a 50x50 plot for $20 USD ($10 now). By using the command /donate, you can purchase the plot along with various other goods. If you don't want to spend your IRL money, you can purchase a plot with in-game money (50k).

Q7: How can you tell how much time you have left on a cell? If you right click on the sign outside of the sell you wish to view, a messages with show up in chat informing you of the time remaining. If you purchase the cell, you can add more time to it by right-clicking on the sign and selecting the amount of days you'd like to pay for in advance.

Q8: Why am I in jail? You’re either in jail for illegal contraband, or you asked a guard to jail you to take a look around. If you're seen with drugs, weapons, or enchanted pickaxes, an on-duty guard can ask you for your item so they can dispose of it/them. Failure to comply with the guard's orders will result in a jailing depending on your donor status. If you're a donor, you get 1.25mins of jail time for having an enchanted pickaxe, regular members spend 5 minutes.

Q9: Where can I see how much time my friend is banned for? There’s a nifty spot on the website that allows you to see all punishments of all players, here. If your friend would like to be unbanned, he can submit an appeal here. The punishment system is explained later in the application.

Q10: Someone stole my iron from a furnace, can you get it back for me? No, staff members cannot replace lost items in-game. The furnace areas are meant for everyone to use so you need to watch out for pesky iron thieves. Make sure you're standing on the pressure plates at all times while smelting ores. The pressure plate will keep the door to your furnace room close as long as you need it to be. If the door is closed, no one can take your ores. :)

Q11: How do I get that funny number to sell a sword on a sign? In order to create a shop, you need to place a chest with a sign that has this on it:
    [shop]
    (amount)
    (price)
    (buy or sell)
    Keep in mind, when creating a shop, sell means you're selling an item and buy means you're buying an item.

Q12: How do I become a chatmod? If you’d like to become a ChatMod or JrGuard, you can fill out an application on the server's website. The applications section is here, and make sure to use the format found here. The age limit is 14, if you are underage you can ask a Tier 4 staff member if you could still apply. If they say you can, make sure you include it in your application. Make sure, before you apply, that you have an understanding of the server and how it works. Read the rules thoroughly and study other players' applications to learn the answers to the questions you will be asked on an application. Also, make sure you include as much information as possible. Go above and beyond. Once you have those down, feel free to apply, and good luck!

Q13: I hate this. How can I just go buy my freedom with real money? Yes, you can, but not at the moment. Currently, they have been removed from the store, but they will be back soon. DrugLord+ is considered freedom, so good luck! If you really want an easy way to rankup, make sure you're voting for the server daily and you can get that $100 voucher to pay for rankups with.

Q14: Who owns this server? The owner(s) of this server are Diamond_Rush1 and Ashour. To contact them, you can PM them here on the forums, you can send Ashour an email at [email protected], or you can send a message to Ashour on skype: Ashour235.

Q15: Why is my name green? Your name is green when your name is mentioned in chat. The reason for this, it to stand out to get your attention. Most of the times we focus too much on our screen (mining, selling, building), and we don't see the chat. Green stands out among the grey chat. That's also why staff have green names.

Q16: What are grams? Grams are the currency of City Prison.

Q17: How much does a cell cost? Cells are $500 per 24 hours at /warp e. You can stock up on multiple days in the cell menu by clicking the sign outside your cell. Cells work the same way at /warp bm, except they're $15,000 per day instead of $500. You can also purchase a cell or donor bm stall in the CP shop. You can also stock up on multiple days if you have to go on vacation but don't want to lose your cell. Just make sure you have enough money to tide you over!

Q18: How do I escape? You can't really. The closest you can get to freedom is through DrugWorld at the DrugLord rank. In the drug world, you can grow cactus and sell it for drugs as explained above. You can also build a hideout for yourself for whatever reason that you may want one.

Q19: How do I report a player? You can report a player on the forums here. Just make sure you follow the format! Before reporting, you need to be sure that it's something the staff can actually punish for. If it's just minor spam, don't even bother. If it's excessive spam, then it can be reported. Excessive spam reports are more likely to be accepted if the reported player was spamming vulgar or discriminatory phrases. Top priority reports would include: IP spamming and complete chat flooding without stopping. Those cases would only need to be reported if a staff member was not present at the time of the offence.

Q20: I fell through the world, can I have my things back? Yes, but you need substantial proof. Proof before the fall and during the fall. The reason for this is, anyone can claim they had a god set before they fell out of the map when really, they never did. Unfortunately, all games have glitches that are out of the control of server owners.

Q21: How do I do quests? Right-click on NPCs that are scattered around the prison and click on the item in the NPC menu to start your quest! Use /quests journal to view all of your active quests. If you'd like a full quests guide, please check out @HypeInLimitz's amazing quest guide here! Good luck!

Q22: Can I have OP? No, and continually asking will result in a 7 day temp-ban from Prison. Asking for to be op'd is just plain annoying to staff members. Make sure you don't ask, and you'll be just fine.

Q23: Am I allowed to use an enchanted pick? Yes, but keep it hidden around prison guards or they can ask for it, if you don’t give it to them, you’ll be jailed. You can either enchant a pickaxe at D-Block+ or any donor mine. You can also purchase a donor rank (god+) and get a free enchanted pickaxe from a kit you can redeem once a week. Currently, kits aren't available, but I'm sure they will be soon! :)

Q24: Can you unban my friend? How can they get unbanned? I, myself, cannot. Your friend however, can write an appeal here. Or buy an unban here. In some cases, your friend may not be able to appeal. He spammed an IP, those are one of the circumstances in which appeals aren't allowed.

Q25: Can a friend be added to my plot or perm cell? If so, how? If you’d like to add a friend to your plot, you can use the command /plot add (name) and they’ll be able to mine so long as you’re online. If you'd like to add friends to use your plot whilst you're offline, you can purchase the trust command here!
    Thanks for reading! :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Zilv28

Zilv28 Ex-Guard
    Premium Member

Maybe you should wait some time before applying, you came back 10 days ago after a 4 years break and you already want to be staff.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Shopz

Shopz Member

I totally agree with you, but I've learned a lot in those 10 days and I've been working with prison servers since I started playing minecraft. I can answer CityPrison related questions and I've had plenty of experience with the punishment system.
    I was a global moderator, so I worked with skyblock, factions, and prison. I played prison mostly, though.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Auburn

Auburn New Member

+1 you seem nice

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Secret_Worker

Secret_Worker Member

+1