1. Hey Guest Please vote for us at https://vote.cityprison.net You'll get awesome rewards like Kits, Crates, Money and more! Make sure to vote every 24 hours! - Thanks :)
  2. Hey Guest, If you can please support us by donating to our server! https://donate.cityprison.net it helps us keep going and growing our minecraft network. We've been open for over 5 years!

CoolPatrols Guard Application

Discussion in 'Apply for Staff' started by Dano1556, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Dano1556

Dano1556 New Member
    Titanium Member

IGN: CoolPatrol

How old are you: 18

What is your timezone (GMT): EST

How long have you played on CityPrison: I've been playing CP for a couple of years since 2014 with breaks in between

How many hours a day can you guard for: I can be guard for 2-4 hrs a day on weekdays and 4-6 on weekends

What is your current rank (Block): I block

Do you have experience with prison servers: I have played many different types of prison servers so I understand the process of getting materials to be able to sell at the warp shop or at other players BlackMarket Shops. Also i'm able to direct new players if they're curious about certain things that occur in the server.

Do you have experience with guard ranks: I have no experience with being a guard. However, being staff in general I was ChatMod about 2 months ago so i have some experience with being a staff member.

Have you read all of the server rules and know your way around the prison: I do understand the server rules and understand the commands that are essential for prison. I've also haven't had any negative altercations with any of the staff team or broken any of the rules.

What makes you the best guard applicant: What makes me a good guard application is that I don't find that playing prison in order to get to the highest rank is much enjoyable. (Just my personnel opinion) I mainly get most of the entertainment from talking to the community and just find the being staff is the most entertaining thing for me to do while i'm on.

Do you have Discord and Teamspeak (You need Discord, and must have a mic): Patrol#8749

Additional Info: N/A

Rules

Q1. What are the jail times for these items; enchanted weapons, unenchanted weapons, drugs/golden apples?

There is a 10 minute jail time for enchanted weapons, 5 minutes for Donor/God/Platinum and 2.5 min for Legendary/Titanium.

There is a 5 minute jail time for normal weapons 2.5 mins of jail time for all donor ranks (Donor/God/Platinum/Legendary/Titanium)

The drugs and golden apples give 10 minute jail time, 5 minutes of jail time for Donor/God/Platinum, and legendary/Titanium is reduced to 2.5 minutes of jail time

Q2. What do you do if someone suicides on you with a lot of contraband items or throws a lot of contraband items on you?

15 min jail time, 7.5 min jail time Donor/God/Platinum, and 2.5 min jail time for Legendary/Titanium.
    I would than take the contraband and throw it in lava and I would tell them about how the action they committed is against the rules if they question why they were jailed

Q3. What are the jail times for donors?

Half time for Donor/God/Platinum, and a quarter of the time for Legendary/Titanium.

Q4. If the player, when asked for the contraband, puts it in his inventory/pv, what do you do?

I would continue the countdown and if they player hasn't given me the item I would than check to see if they have a donor rank and jail them according to their potential rank and the contraband item that they have stored.

Q5. If someone logs out during a countdown what do you do? What about jail evasion?

I would temp ban them for 10 minutes. For jail evasion I would warn them and if they continued to evade their jail time I would than temp ban them for double the jail time. Being a donor doesn't affect the doubled jail time for the temporary ban.

Q6. Can Admins and Commanders be jailed? What about Jr Warden?

Admins and Commanders can be jailed for contraband when they are off duty. As for JrWardens they cannot be jailed no matter what item they have

Q7. Can you take swords from players in mob farms? What about donor grinders?

People who have a sword in a mob farm are fair game, however for someone who has a sword in a donor grinder I cannot ask them for their sword.

Q8. If you are going to jail a donor for having an enchanted sword how long would it be? What about Legendary/Titanium?

Donor/God/Platinum will be jailed for 5 minutes and 2.5 min for Legendary and Titanium.

Q9. Are you allowed to pvp as a guard either on or off-duty?

You cannot pvp other players unless you are onduty and players are attacking you. At this time you are able to attack players back but only for self defence

Q10. Do you jail someone if they have the effects of a drug?

I can only jail someone if I see the drug in their hand. If they have the effects but I don't see the drug in their hand than I cannot jail them.

Q11. If a player drops a contraband item and another player picks it up, what do you do?

I would ask the player who picked the item up for the specific item and I would begin the countdown. If they don't give me the item before the time is over I would jail them according to the item they picked up and their rank.

Q12. Are you allowed to keep items taken from players and keep them for yourself and friends?

No any items that I receive from players I would have to throw them into lava or dispose of them using the disposal signs

Q13. Are you allowed to take away contraband from a player if they just logged into the server?

No, because they are new and haven't had a chance to read the rules. So I would tell the new player to either check /warp rules or tell them the potential consequence of having contraband items and telling them what falls under the contraband category.

Q14. What should you do if you come across a sugarcane/cactus farm?

I would first raid the farm, then dispose of all the items and or throw them out into lava. I would than report the farm to a higher staff member so they can have it removed. Also if I came across a farm on a plot I would report it to a higher staff to have it removed.

Q15. What is line pvp, and what do you do if you see someone do this?

Line pvp is when you go into the pvp area, to hit a player and once you do you run back to the safety behind the red line. If i saw someone do this I would:
    /kick line pvp 1, then /kick line pvp 2, temp ban starting at 5 mins then double the ban every time they do it. After 24hrs the consequences reset so I would than repeat ^^. Line pvp doesn't include a player being hit by someone else and that player runs behind the red line.

2. Dano1556

Dano1556 New Member
    Titanium Member

Update: What is your current rank (Block): J Block

3. TidalxWave

TidalxWave New Member
    Support Titanium Member

Application overall is pretty solid however has a few minor mistakes. I also haven't seen you on much but you might just get on when I am not online so other players and staff might be able to account for you.

When it comes to what makes you the best applicant, include more than 2-3 sentences. It really doesn't do a good job of convincing someone.

You can't take swords from players in mob farms.

This refers to new players or any player that has logged onto the server. The point is to wait for a bit for the player to know you are on duty.

Other than these things your app is pretty good.
    +1 but make sure to update and comment about your activity. :3

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bossing

Bossing Active Member

5. TidalxWave

TidalxWave New Member
    Support Titanium Member

Correction on a previous comment of mine you can take only enchanted swords from mob farms not regular ones.

6. Dano1556

Dano1556 New Member
    Titanium Member

Update:

What makes you the best guard applicant: What makes me a good guard application is that I don't find that playing prison in order to get to the highest rank is much enjoyable. (Just my personnel opinion) I mainly get most of the entertainment from talking to the community and just find the being staff is the most entertaining thing for me to do while i'm on.
    I'm also capable of keeping my cool if people try to antagonize me and i'm capable of taking criticism.

Q7. Can you take swords from players in mob farms? What about donor grinders?

People who have a sword in a mob farm are fair game, (If their sword is enchanted.) however for someone who has a sword in a donor grinder I cannot ask them for their sword.

Q13. Are you allowed to take away contraband from a player if they just logged into the server?

No, because they are new and haven't had a chance to read the rules. So I would tell the new player to either check /warp rules or tell them the potential consequence of having contraband items and telling them what falls under the contraband category. If a player just logged on, I would give them a verbal warning that I am OnDuty so they are aware to put their contraband items away. If they don't store the contraband than I will ask for it following with a countdown.

7. Dano1556

Dano1556 New Member
    Titanium Member

Update: What is your current rank (Block): K Block

I'm not sure if I always have to do this when I rankup but if I don't can someone tell me. I'd appreciate it