1. Hey Guest Please vote for us at https://vote.cityprison.net You'll get awesome rewards like Kits, Crates, Money and more! Make sure to vote every 24 hours! - Thanks :)
  2. Hey Guest, If you can please support us by donating to our server! https://donate.cityprison.net it helps us keep going and growing our minecraft network. We've been open for over 5 years!

Game Geo's Ultimate Non-Donor Ranking Guide - I-Block in 16h

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Geohyde, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geohyde

Geohyde New Member

Hey prisoners!
    I've just hit my favorite rank in the game - I-Block - in
    just under 16hours play time! I'll explain why I-Block my favorite near the bottom of the post, but for now due to being asked a lot in game how I've done it, here's how you can rank up faster, hit your favorite block and grind your way through the ranks without a donor block to go to.

The stats

(note: I am not calling anyone out here, this is just for comparison and to show how people stack up)

So first of all some stats - "who is Geohyde and why does he think he can give advice when he's not the highest rank anyway?" I hear you saying ;)
    Here's some current standings of some friends and other players, compared to my personal stats so far:

[​IMG]

So as you can see, 16 hours played, rank i. - ignore the "grams per hour" as this is based on the current bal of the player and not overall.

So lets compare this to a couple of others in the same block - and see how those numbers match up:

[​IMG]

Johnnylarsen is a friend that has been around a long time too. Looking at his stats here you can see he has 36 hours playtime for the same block and ~140k more grams. Johnnylarsen has done well to get to I and get what he has gotten in this time, but his blocks broken is 10k less than what I have, he has a lower bpr ratio - indicating he maybe has a plot or cell? And he has much higher pvp stats.

[​IMG]

NinjaXWaffles99 is a good friend and server staff og. He's also rank I and has 55 hours playtime and 7k. Also with higher pvp stats and bpr ratio, like johnnylarsen he has pvp'd more and likely has a plot.

The current highest rank on the server is Roland1234567898:
    [​IMG]

Roland has gotten to K-block already! I've never really talked to him properly but I know he's good at pvp and a respected member of the server. Roland has achieved K in 57 hours with 123k to spare. He has really high pvp stats and lower bpr than most. Rolands money making is a little different from the way I will show as he prefers the method of pvp to get items, sell aucs and rank up that way.

The Math

I'm not sure on the exact numbers for rank up costs, but my best estimates for the purpose of this are below (feel free to correct any in the comments and I'll adjust the math accordingly)
    a- 1000, b- 2000, c- 4000, d- 10000, e- 25000, f- 50000, g- 100000, h- 250000, i- 500000, j- 750000, k- 1000000

So in total...
    i
    = 942000
    k = 2692000

so lets add rank costs to current bals and divide by time played for the total earned per hour of play:

(Results are rounded)

Geohyde :
    14637+942000/16 = 59,790 g/ph
    Johnnylarsen: 157617+942000/36 = 30,545 g/ph
    NinjaXWaffles99: 7185+942000/55 = 17,258 g/ph
    Roland1234567898: 123729+2692000/57 = 49,399 g/ph

So, now you're hopefully convinced I have any right to give you advice, here goes :D

Power Ranking

A-D-Block:
    QUESTS!
    Do the easy ones and do them fast, any that ask for mine materials (clay stone, etc., resources, tools or food are generally worth it.
    Quests to Avoid:
    The 64 diamonds quest in D, Diamond_Rush1's D quest, the harder quests to the right of spawn pvp (sugar cane, diamonds, etc), any quests that involve pvp or killing players, the 10 Raw salmon Kat quest in A.

MINE
    When you get to D-Block quests die down a little and get a little harder, as you need more and more money to rank up you'll need to be in the mines.

The best way to mine is strip mining. Go 1 block away from the corner edge of the mine and dig 3 down, mine a straight 1 wide x 3 high tunnel through to the other end of the mine, dig another 3 down at the other end and repeat until you hit the bottom. (tip: when you do hit the bottom in a non-pvp block it's usually faster to do /warp [block] to sell the mine material (clay etc.) and then start again 3 blocks along from your original strip).

Sell your ores and resources in /warp bm if you can until you reach E, the prices there are higher than you would get from your blocks shop at ranks A-D.

E-F-Block:
    MINE
    E has a decent mine, good farms, better shop prices and... a big pvp area in the middle :eek:.

The risks here are higher, especially when pvp players are online. You may want to mine in D-Block then only go to E to sell your ores. (Selling in the highest rank you have available is always the best thing to do) - always be sure to put everything you have in your /pv 1 before crossing the pvp! Levels don't matter too much at this point, but losing your pick? That hurts.

As per before there are a few easy quests here that you should take advantage of before anything else.

F-H:
    Quests first ofc, you know the drill by now.
    Then things get good...

MINE
    the mine here is a good size and has lots of ores, it's clay so it's quick to mine and best of all there is no pvp. Strip mine the life out of this block until you reach I, each time you get to the bottom use /warp f, sell your clay and start again, you can usually get about 3-4 strips done then the mine will reset, each reset can result in around 30-60k.

ENCHANT
    When you hit G you get access to decent enchants (F-Block enchants are currently disabled while issues are fixed as I'm writing this). You should stack levels and keep 1 stack of lapis in your /pv. When you hit around 18 levels go to G and buy a few diamonds to get a couple of swords and picks. Then enchant at G for the most profitable enchant, you want to be getting at least $1500 for swords and at least $2000 for picks, and you can see a list of current enchant values on Blizz's helpful guide here.

THE TACTIC
    When you've enchanted a couple of decent items - you should get between 2-4 enchants that are worth it with 18-20 levels - you need to get back to mining, while you are in the mines /auc your enchanted items or /ah if you're willing to wait longer for more $$$ (it may be worth keeping an eff2 only pick and a fortune 1 only pick to yourself to mine with, they don't sell for too much profit and will make back what they cost). By the time your items have sold you should be close to enough levels for enchanting again when you can repeat the process.

I+
    As you know I've just reached I-Block, my personal favorite block on the server. This block has 2 decent sized mines, barely anybody in it and the mine material is yellow wool. With a pair of eff5 shears (if donor was in the game yet) you can rip through the mines so fast, but regular shears work too and cost very little to make. I can't give advice on something I've not yet done in 5.0 but maybe I'll update this guide in the future...

Tips for success

1. Don't pvp (unless you really know how)
    As you may have noticed above a common difference was the pvp stats. Don't get me wrong, I like pvp and I'm fairly good too - but rule number 1 if you're looking to rank as fast as possible is that you don't have time for pvp (unless you go Rolands route and dedicate a lot of time to getting good and knowing when it's worth it and when it's not), but for the sake of this guide, pvp will only slow you down or set you back.

2. Mines are your friend
    I have more blocks broken than all the players above with at least 20 hours less playtime than all of them. That's because 90% of my time on the server I'm in a mine, and you should be too!

3. F-Block is awesome.
    F-Block mine is your go to, it's fast to mine, well filled and non-pvp. What more could you ask for.

4. Enchants
    Swords bring more than picks. Fact. If you have the option for a s2 sword take it every time. It is also possible to get up to a level 17 enchant in G, if you do I recommend trying your luck with a sword but if you can get fort2 go for that instead.

What have I forgotten? Are there any op tricks I don't know? Let me know below

Good luck prisoners, and happy mining!
    -Geo
    TheGod

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Faisal2Rock

Faisal2Rock New Member

Very useful, thanks!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Raven1127

Raven1127 New Member

This is awesome thank you for making this.:)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Dat1Porkchop

Dat1Porkchop IIconic
    Premium Member

Looks good Geo ;3

• Like Like x 1
  5. ThChief

ThChief New Member

So glad you talked about mining technique. I get so heated when people just mine everywhere with no plan. It is much more efficient to mine like you said. Anyway, great tips.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. kroro1

kroro1 New Member

Great guide but one thing that I like doing is sneaking into pvp mine with just an iron pick, mine the best blocks and warp out.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Geohyde

Geohyde New Member

I've been doing this every now and then recently, it's much riskier though and depends who else is online.

8. Bossing

Bossing Active Member

What block is better to mine in, F or G

9. Koala

Koala New Member

F-Block overall block is Clay which improves Mcmmo mining therefore increasing your chance of double drops. However G-Block has more ores (Or so I believe), so you can mine in F-Block for the long run, the higher the mcmmo the more double drops you get later on, or you can mine in G-Block and possibly Rankup quicker. Up to you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. iTzPaniK_

iTzPaniK_ New Member

Also depends on the time. Usually for me (HINT HINT for all you people out there who be wanting free loot in the pvpmine) the perfect time is around 8-11PM PST :p.

Also, great guide for all new or experienced players of the server. Will help a lot for me since I'm kind of new here :p. Thanks Geo :D.

• Like Like x 1
  11. RandomUserHere

RandomUserHere New Member

How does thy self get to pvp mine? There is no warp.

12. jrdxix

jrdxix Member
    Titanium Member

I think Ill make it to I block before 16 hours :). But this is a very cool and interesting tutorial. Thank you Geohyde!

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. jrdxix

jrdxix Member
    Titanium Member

Sorry for the double post but here are my stats from reaching I block today!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. ToxicHurricane

ToxicHurricane Active Member

I'm only D block lmao xD

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. jrdxix

jrdxix Member
    Titanium Member

Haha I wish. I find mining enjoyable and sort of calming. I either listen to some music or go on teamspeak. Very enjoyable in my opinion.

16. magnicool

magnicool New Member

17. AndrewScout

AndrewScout Active Member

Good guide. GG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.