1. Hey Guest Please vote for us at https://vote.cityprison.net You'll get awesome rewards like Kits, Crates, Money and more! Make sure to vote every 24 hours! - Thanks :)
  2. Hey Guest, If you can please support us by donating to our server! https://donate.cityprison.net it helps us keep going and growing our minecraft network. We've been open for over 5 years!

KarateJustin JrGuard Application

Discussion in 'Junk' started by KarateJ, Sep 6, 2019.

?

Application Success?

1. Pass +1

2. Needs Improvement +0

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KarateJ

KarateJ New Member

IGN:
    KarateJustin
    How old are you:
    What is your timezone (GMT):
    EST
    How long have you played on CityPrison:
    Since 2.0
    How many hours a day can you guard for:
    Varies, but I would say on average 10-12 a week?
    What is your current rank (Block):
    P1-M
    Do you have experience with prison servers:
    Yes
    Do you have experience with guard ranks:
    No
    Have you read all of the server rules and know your way around the prison:
    Yes
    What makes you the best guard applicant:
    I have played CP for a long time and feel that I could be a fair and fun guard. I like to help lower blockers and limit upper rank's power over them.
    Whats your Discord tag (You need Discord, and must have a mic):
    Justinlaz#7389
    Additional Info:

I can do flips

Q1. What are the jail times for these items; enchanted weapons, unenchanted weapons, drugs/golden apples?
    Enchanted Weapons: 10 mins
    Unenchanted Weapons: 5 mins
    Drugs/Golden Apples: 10 mins

Q2. What do you do if someone suicides on you with a lot of contraband items or throws a lot of contraband items on you?
    Suiciding: Jail for 15 mins
    Throwing: Jail for 5 mins

Q3. What are the jail times for donors?

$-block to Platinum: Halved
    Legendary and Titanium: 2 mins 30 seconds
    No Jail for Enchanted Armor

Q4. If the player, when asked for the contraband, puts it in his inventory/pv, what do you do?

Keep counting down from 5 and if they do not give the contraband, you jail them for x time.

Q5. If someone logs out during a countdown what do you do? What about jail evasion?

Logs out: 10 min tempban
    Jail evasion: 1 warning and then ban for double jail time

Q6. Can Admins and Commanders be jailed? What about JrWarden+?

Admins and Commanders can be, JrWarden+ cannot be.

Q7. Can you take swords from players in mob farms? What about donor grinders?

I am going to say no. Nothing is said about it at warp rules.

Q8. If you are going to jail a donor for having an enchanted sword how long would it be? What about legendary/titanium?

Donor-Platinum: 5mins
    Legendary/Titanium: 2mins 30 seconds

Q9. Are you allowed to pvp as a guard either on or off-duty?

Nope

Q10. Do you jail someone if they have the effects of a drug?

I am unsure, and nothing is said at warp rules.

Q11. If a player drops a contraband item and another player picks it up, what do you do?

Ask that player for the contraband item and start counting down. If they do not give it up, you jail them.

Q12. Are you allowed to keep items taken from players and keep them for yourself and friends?

No

Q13. Are you allowed to take away contraband from a player if they just logged into the server?

I guess it depends on the situation. If they are at a mob grinder, no. This should also be included at warp rules.

Q14. What should you do if you come across a sugarcane/cactus farm?

Raid it

Q15. What is line pvp, and what do you do if you see someone do this?

Line pvp is hitting a player in pvp and running back to safezone untouched.
    Warning 1: Kick
    Warning 2: Kick
    Warning 3+: Tempban 5 mins double each offence
    Resets after 24 hours

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. PurplePigeon

PurplePigeon New Member

Can’t find a reason they would deny you
    +1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. KarateJ

KarateJ New Member

Thanks man :)

4. ICE Police

ICE Police New Member

Bumbass 17 yr old mexican who wants to vote for dems... DENIED

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. TidalxWave

TidalxWave New Member
    Chatmod Titanium Member

I'm not going to say too much about the questions as I'm not guard side and would like to leave it up to them to criticize it the most but i will point out a few things.

This is one of the most important things about an application in my opinion. The two sentences you put just show the staff that you didn't put too much effort or thought into it and we can't really see what makes you a good applicant. Talk about your strengths and how you can benefit the server, as i have pointed out on another app. Really showcase your talents that you can bring to the server!

You can pvp in self defense.

Not too big of a deal but saying you're unsure isn't a good look on your application. Staff want you to know a good amount of information and have the ability to answer every question in the application. If you are unsure you should ask a staff member, they can help you answer a question just not help you write the application itself.

When they log on in pvp you have to give them time so that they know you are onduty and then you can start a countdown to take the contraband if they dont put it away.

Im sure there are other things i missed but i want to let a guard side really pick this apart more. If im off about things also please let me know but im sure this is all correct.

Also, your answers are pretty sparse and while its good to be concise, you should make it look like you at least put time into it.

For now im staying
    Neutral. Please update your app when possible.

#5 TidalxWave, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. KarateJ

KarateJ New Member

Thank you for the feedback. How can I update it if it does not let me edit? Do I post a revised one in the comments?

7. LBakerMoore

LBakerMoore New Member
    God Member

Copy and paste all of it and remove parts you don't want to change and just add to certain parts. That's what I did anyway. Anyways GL

• Like Like x 1
  8. KarateJ

KarateJ New Member

Revisions:

What makes you the best guard applicant:
    I have played CP for a long time and feel that I could be a fair and fun guard. I like to help lower blockers and limit upper rank's power over them. I feel that having a lot of experience on the server and being able to talk to people and help them out is a big must for staff. I know my way around, the majority of the rules, I welcome and assist new players, and I try to avoid conflict or resolve it quickly. This would keep CP a friendly server with everyone enjoying what they're doing.

Q1. What are the jail times for these items; enchanted weapons, unenchanted weapons, drugs/golden apples?
    The jail time for Enchanted Weapons 10 mins, unless you are a donor and in that came time reductions are listed in a later question. The jail time for Unenchanted Weapons is 5 mins and for Drugs/Golden Apples is 10 mins

Q2. What do you do if someone suicides on you with a lot of contraband items or throws a lot of contraband items on you?
    If someone suicides on me with a lot of contraband, they are jailed for 15 mins. If they throw a lot of contraband items on me, they're jailed for 5 mins

Q3. What are the jail times for donors?
    $-block to Platinum: Jail time is halved
    Legendary and Titanium: Jail time is 2 mins 30 seconds
    No Donor are Jailed for Enchanted Armor

Q4. If the player, when asked for the contraband, puts it in his inventory/pv, what do you do?
    If the player, when asked for the contraband, puts it in his inventory/pv, you continue counting down from 5 and if they do not give the contraband, you jail them for x time depending on what the contraband item(s) is.

Q5. If someone logs out during a countdown what do you do? What about jail evasion?
    If someone logs out during a countdown, they are temp banned for 10 min. If they evade jail (on an alt while jailed an another of their accounts), they receive 1 warning and then are banned for double jail time.

Q6. Can Admins and Commanders be jailed? What about JrWarden+?
    Admins and Commanders can be jailed, but JrWarden+ cannot be.

Q7. Can you take swords from players in mob farms? What about donor grinders?
    I am going to say no. Nothing is said about it at warp rules, but I will ask a staff ASAP.

Q8. If you are going to jail a donor for having an enchanted sword how long would it be? What about legendary/titanium?
    If I am going to jail a Donor-Platinum for an enchanted sword, it would be for 10min/2, so 5mins. Legendary/Titanium would be for 2mins 30 seconds regardless.

Q9. Are you allowed to pvp as a guard either on or off-duty?
    Only as self-defense while on-duty.

I am unsure, and nothing is said at warp rules. I will ask a staff member ASAP

Q11. If a player drops a contraband item and another player picks it up, what do you do?
    If a player drops a contraband item and another player picks it up, you ask that player for the contraband item and start counting down. If they do not give it up, you jail them for that item.

Q12. Are you allowed to keep items taken from players and keep them for yourself and friends?
    No, you cannot keep items token from players.

Q13. Are you allowed to take away contraband from a player if they just logged into the server?
    When they log on in pvp, you have to give them time so that they know you are on-duty and then you can start a countdown to take the contraband if they don't put it away.

Q14. What should you do if you come across a sugarcane/cactus farm?
    If I come across a sugarcane/cactus farm, I should raid it.

If someone does this, their first warning and second warning are kicks. Warning 3+ is a temp ban for 5 mins, which is doubled each offence. *Resets after 24 hours

• Like Like x 4
  9. 0988ak

0988ak New Member
    SrGuard God Member

Good job on updating your application and staying on top of it with suggestions being made. Your doing ok behaving in chat, try to avoid any warns as best as you can, even though its understandable if something slips through, it happens. Make sure you ask about Q10. Also you can include that line PVP applies to more than just running in, such as bow and arrow. Also mention what happens at 10th and 11th line pvp incident.

Good luck

• Like Like x 4
  10. KarateJ

KarateJ New Member

If someone has the drug effects, they are not jailed. If they are holding the drug then you can ask for the dye.

If someone does this, consequences are as listed below:

2 Kicks followed by a tempban:

1st Offence: 5 min
    2nd Offence: 10 min
    3rd Offence: 20 min
    4th Offence: 40 min
    5th Offence: 80 min
    6th Offence: 160 min
    7th Offence: 320 min
    8th Offence: 640 min
    9th Offence: 1280 min
    10th Offence: Perm Ban (appealable)
    11th Offence: Perm Ban (no appeal)
    *Resets after 24 hours

• Like Like x 1
  11. CinnieLee17

CinnieLee17 New Member
    Chatmod Legendary Titanium Member

Agreed with AK, Updates show a level of understanding and adknowlegment of other people's feedback , writing the apps can be tough and it is easy to leave small but important details off your app, Make sure to stay clean in chat and keep showing support and care to the players of CityPrison.

Good Luck KarateJustin, +1

~ _JustToxic

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dodo

Dodo Member

I heard you were toxic to my bud rubix, “are you slow” or whatever you said, -1 stop being downy

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. ItzRubix_

ItzRubix_ Well-Known Member
    Titanium Member

Because navi said -1, I’m saying -1 too. Bros gonna hoe

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. ItzRubix_

Titanium Member

Also just wanna add on after seeing that Disagree rating on Navi’s post, are you proposing that it didn’t happen @KarateJ?

• Like Like x 1
  15. KarateJ

KarateJ New Member

He was not involved and does not know the story, so it is not his place to say. Thank you.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Ecl1pzx

Ecl1pzx New Member

-1 Called Rubix a Douche, Completely unacceptable to call my pvp buddy that.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. ItzRubix_

Titanium Member

Although he wasn’t involved, he actually does know the story. He’s seen the chat and heard the story from me, and also has a higher up. You need to clean up your attitude if you really want staff, especially calling me a douche when the chat was dead and I wasn’t even online.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. starkissed

starkissed Nugget
    Staff Member Commander JrWarden Admin Titanium Member

Let’s be respectful on the forums and give constructive criticism.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. BrOsChErRy

BrOsChErRy Member
    Support Titanium Member

Your updates look good! Keep it up!

• Like Like x 2
  20. KarateJ

KarateJ New Member

Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.