1. Hey Guest Please vote for us at https://vote.cityprison.net You'll get awesome rewards like Kits, Crates, Money and more! Make sure to vote every 24 hours! - Thanks :)
  2. Hey Guest, If you can please support us by donating to our server! https://donate.cityprison.net it helps us keep going and growing our minecraft network. We've been open for over 5 years!

MCMMO improvement

Discussion in 'Junk' started by formido11, Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. formido11

    formido11 Member
    Member

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2014
    Messages:
    773
    Likes Received:
    91
    Yesterday I found out the 'repair' skill had been disabled. This is due to the fact that it would be unfair to non-donors because they would be able to repair their items.

    Repair is a parent skill of smelting. This means that when you level repair, you level smelting a little too.

    The advantage of the smelting skill is the vanilla xp boost. If you smelt regular ores in a furnace, you get more xp than you would regularly get when smelting in vanilla minecraft. This had always been my way of getting xp in CP.

    I would love to see this coming back, so here is my suggestion:

    Re-enable the repair skill, BUT: disable the ability that let's you keep enchants on your tools. This way, you can repair and salvage the tools you have but you won't gain anything other than xp. You always get less minerals with salvage than you need to make the tools. So it will act as a mineral sink too.

    An extra idea is that when someone is a donor rank, the enchant ability of the repair skill is disabled, because it wouldn't matter then. Not sure if this is possible to do and if players like this idea though.

    Be sure to leave all your feedback in the comments!

    EDIT: I kinda mean, make the repair skill useless, but give us the ability to level it for smelting.
     
    #1 formido11, Jan 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. jrdxix

    jrdxix Member
    Staff Member Moderator Wiki Team Titanium Member

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2017
    Messages:
    425
    Likes Received:
    156
    I don't particularly like this suggestion. Its a good thought but repairing tools is solely meant for donors and I believe it should stay that way.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. formido11

    formido11 Member
    Member

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2014
    Messages:
    773
    Likes Received:
    91
    I see, hence why I suggest that when you repair an enchanted item, it gets rid of the enchant and you're left with a regular tool, consuming minerals in the process of it.
     
  4. jrdxix

    jrdxix Member
    Staff Member Moderator Wiki Team Titanium Member

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2017
    Messages:
    425
    Likes Received:
    156
    Sorry Im a bit confused by your response. If you repair the item and the enchant disappears whats the point of this whole idea? You could just create a new tool after your done with the first one. The whole point of repairing is to have your enchant on your item after you repair instead of combining them in a crafting table.

    Sadly this idea also sounds like a nightmare plugin wise and too complicated for the little benefit it gives players.
     
  5. formido11

    formido11 Member
    Member

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2014
    Messages:
    773
    Likes Received:
    91
    "Repair is a parent skill of smelting. This means that when you level repair, you level smelting a little too.

    The advantage of the smelting skill is the vanilla xp boost. If you smelt regular ores in a furnace, you get more xp than you would regularly get when smelting in vanilla minecraft. This had always been my way of getting xp in CP."

    I want to level repair solely for the reason that it levels smelting, even when the repair skill will cost money.
     
  6. 4AcreFarmer

    4AcreFarmer Member
    Member

    Joined:
    May 17, 2017
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    134
    I don't think this is a needed MCMMO skill because you can repair stuff in donor Blocks and /warp grinders.
     
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. ItzRubix_

    ItzRubix_ Well-Known Member
    Titanium Member

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2017
    Messages:
    635
    Likes Received:
    855
    I’m afraid I disagree with this. Repairing items is a donor advantage and I think it should be kept that way. If anyone could repair items then the advantage of being a donor is gone. You also talked about salvage which I also think should be disabled. Knowing from experience, I could enchant at level 20 for p4 and get blast prot 3 but then if salvage was enabled, I could just go and salvage it for some of my diamonds back which I don’t agree with. Enchanting and not getting what you want is part of the game itself. Also, people could just salvage their kits for money which I don’t agree with.
     
  8. NinjaXWaffles99

    NinjaXWaffles99 Commander
    Staff Member Admin Titanium Member

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2014
    Messages:
    1,268
    Likes Received:
    1,147
    I'm pretty sure when this was a thing, the enchant disappeared anyway. I could be wrong, but who knows.
     
    • Like Like x 2
  9. fo_dude346

    fo_dude346 Member
    Titanium Member

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2014
    Messages:
    232
    Likes Received:
    61
    Repair was enabled in CP 4.0, but only on armor, perhaps this could be used again. I personally love mcmmo and the new depth it adds to gameplay.

    +1 for both repair and salvage being enabled (on sb too)
     
  10. electricrab

    electricrab New Member
    Member

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2018
    Messages:
    27
    Likes Received:
    20
    I have to disagree as well. Currently there are much more important issues to worry about, primarily drug dealer being down. There will continue to be more important issues that constantly arise than the small bits of materials you could get from salvaging damaged armors and weapons. As for the idea of linking the Repair skill and Smelting skill, it seems all too impractical, and not very beneficial for the whole of the server to differentiate between Donor's ability to enchants vs. non-donors not being able to. All in all, a lot of work for practically no gain, because you can mine the iron received from scrapping in less time.

    However, It is always great to see new threads in the forums, and we appreciate taking the time to share your idea. Although this one won't pan out, keep thinking, and thanks for trying to improve CP!
     
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Rhidian12

    Rhidian12 Well-Known Member
    Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2015
    Messages:
    1,029
    Likes Received:
    721
    I don't know what version Cp was on when I played 2-3 years ago (3.0?)
    but then there was repair and salvage.
    Salvage was really Op, you could just slaughter a blockers for their iron armor and salvage it to sell the iron.
    You could salvage your bad kits for diamonds/iron which once again, you could sell.
    The repair skill was kinda useless.
    You could repair enchanted items, but the enchants would be gone unless you had a VERY high repair level. And even then there was still a chance you would lose the enchantments.
    I looked it up, at rank 1 of Arcane Forging (the thing with repair which lets you keep enchantments) is from level 1-125 and you only have a 10% chance of succesfully repairing your item, that means there is a 90% chance of downgrading your item (I.e. a Power II bow becomes a Power I bow).
    At level 1000, the Arcane Forging rank is maxed out (rank 8) and has a 80% chance to succesfully repair your items. That is good, but there is still a 1/5 chance that your item gets downgraded.
    So, it isn't really a bad idea, but Repair was kinda useless and salvage was really too easy to make money with.

    Source: http://mcmmo.wikia.com/wiki/Repair
     
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Dodo

    Dodo Member
    Member

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2017
    Messages:
    154
    Likes Received:
    29
    I mean this is a good suggestion but jrdxix if repairing is “donor only” why not make it so only donors can salvage​
     
  13. luckypickle_04

    Member

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2017
    Messages:
    147
    Likes Received:
    60
    dodo, more like doodoo!
     
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Salt Salt x 1
  14. Dodo

    Dodo Member
    Member

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2017
    Messages:
    154
    Likes Received:
    29
    Wow guys autism speaks and it says “ Hi I’m luckypickle_04”
     
    • Salt Salt x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.