1. Hey Guest Please vote for us at https://vote.cityprison.net You'll get awesome rewards like Kits, Crates, Money and more! Make sure to vote every 24 hours! - Thanks :)
  2. Hey Guest, If you can please support us by donating to our server! https://donate.cityprison.net it helps us keep going and growing our minecraft network. We've been open for over 5 years!

Mine Reset Way too long.

Discussion in 'Junk' started by NerdyBlockhead, May 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NerdyBlockhead

NerdyBlockhead New Member

Hi, I'm fairly new to the server. And so far I've had a pleasant experience. I stay quiet most of the time in the chat. I'm a very grindy minecrafter. But anyways as you can see here https://ibb.co/pb4vmMp
    This is way to much time for the mine to reset. I'm pretty sure it's 4.5 hours reset on the God mine. And in the picture it's completely empty by myself. And there is still 3.2 hours left for it to reset. I'd feel bad if some other god rank came on within the next 3.2 hours to mine and be empty for 3 hours. Then they would feel discouraged from playing. This is just a suggestion. I really enjoy this server. And I want to see this server strive and succeed!

P.S It's not only the god mine also the Donor mine

~Thanks kindly for your consideration
    ~NerdyBlockhead

2. Tradie

Tradie mint
    Moderator Wiki Team Titanium Premium Member

I do agree with you mate. However, because this is a Non-Op Prison Server, we can't dramatically reduce the mine reset times.

If we did do this, during the quiet times of the day / night, there would be a few people just mining the ores off the top of each mine and if it was to reset quickly, players would very rarely ever have to mine downwards due to the scale of the mines.

In saying that, it would be great to see maybe 30 minutes knocked off each of the smaller donor mines. Platinum, Legendary and Titanium are fine for now.

Cheers,
    - Tradie

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. NerdyBlockhead

I can also agree that "could" happen. But with only 30 minutes cut off it would still be a 2 1/2 hour wait. And i was online by myself for the whole time (quiet time) and still had 3.2 hours left til reset. If only there was a way if there was something to sense the whole mine is completely empty (or 5% or less) it could also reset automatically.

~Nerdyblockhead

#3 NerdyBlockhead, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
  4. ItzRubix_

ItzRubix_ Well-Known Member
    Titanium Member

Tbh I can agree with this idea. I remember when I used to mine in titanium and once I finished that, after about an hour or something I can’t remember the exact duration, I’d have to wait like hours and hours just to mine it next, if someone didn’t get there before me. Now I can agree with Tradie as well with the fact it’s a non-op prison server, the mine resets can’t be cut by hours and hours, however if someone is spending a lot of money from their own back pocket or spending several months voting everyday for the main aspect of a much better mine, they should be properly rewarded for investing their money/time for the rank.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tradie

Tradie mint

Agreed

• Like Like x 1
  6. ItzRubix_

ItzRubix_ Well-Known Member
    Titanium Member

Don’t think no one saw you quote the wrong message then, I saw it boyo!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Tradie

Tradie mint

Shhhhhhhh

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. NerdyBlockhead

Well I've done it once again. Even got a reaction from a fellow god rank. Also mined completely by myself during busy part of the day. (Click here and read chat, Look at reset time to the right, Then ponder into the empty mine and question yourself "Where did I go wrong with the donor reset times?") Now they have to wait three hours til mine resets. I'll just keep grinding and wait for other players to complain. Possibly something will change then? Also I'm not asking to shorten reset times, I'm asking for something to be implemented to where the mine goes empty it'll automatically reset. Thank you kindly!

Never Stop Grinding
    ~NerdyBlockhead

9. Tradie

Tradie mint

Unfortunately if you aren’t there to mine it, you are gonna have to miss out. Even reducing the mine reset times won’t stop this from happening. There are always people grinding.

We can’t just drop the mine reset time to 30 minutes as that’s just too Op.

• Like Like x 1
  10. NerdyBlockhead

Obviously this is going over everyone's head.

11. PR099.

PR099. New Member

This would arguably be even more overpowered when compared to having a lower reset time as a player could grind out mining the entirety of a donor rank mine and just continuously have it reset at their convenience. This is especially true for the lower donor mines which take well below 2 hours each to mine out even when mining alone.

It can be worthwhile to look into mining at the normal prison blocks when the donor mines are completely mined out. They have lower reset times and offer some decent money, especially when considering the higher priced sell signs at the donor ranks.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  12. steveDIAMONDS

steveDIAMONDS New Member

From my view (someone who works a lot a doesn’t have that much time to play) I can’t ever mine at titanium unless I play at like 3 am. Almost every time I log in both titanium and legendary mines are empty. And it’s not like quartering the donor mine times will make it op. I mean only effects donors and maybe people will log in more and for longer because I hate wanting to go mine. Picking up the sloppy seconds and having to wait 3 hours just to mine it all by myself make like 100k and have to wait 3 more hours. And that’s if I am the only one trying to mine.

And that’s on top of the fact titanium mine has a snow melting problem that makes it even harder to mine that I have brought up so many times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. RiTuAl_MUrd3r99

RiTuAl_MUrd3r99 New Member

If they reset way to fast it wouldn't be a non op prison so the timers set will probably not change.

• Like Like x 1
  14. NerdyBlockhead

You know you're right I've been spending more time on the server. I've been more thoughtful of the non op feel. And I've gathered a better understanding. But thanks for the input that has already been inputted

15. steveDIAMONDS

steveDIAMONDS New Member

Nobody said making it that extreme except you guys

16. Tradie

Tradie mint

It's what they are asking for Steve. Dropping any less of the current reset time just simply isn't worth it.

17. Tradie

Tradie mint

Denied.

Unfortunately as the server currently stands, there isn't a strong enough demand for these reset times to be reduced. Once we start gaining a stronger player count, this suggestion will be reconsidered. However it will be more of a percentage based reset instead of knocking off time.

@starkissed L+M pls

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.