1. Hey Guest Please vote for us at https://vote.cityprison.net You'll get awesome rewards like Kits, Crates, Money and more! Make sure to vote every 24 hours! - Thanks :)
  2. Hey Guest, If you can please support us by donating to our server! https://donate.cityprison.net it helps us keep going and growing our minecraft network. We've been open for over 5 years!

NerdyBlockhead ChatMod Application

Discussion in 'Junk' started by NerdyBlockhead, May 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NerdyBlockhead

NerdyBlockhead New Member

IGN:
    NerdyBlockhead

How old are you:

What is your time-zone (GMT):
    Eastern Standard

How long have you played on City Prison:
    24 hours playtime, First logged on May 11th I believe.

How many hours a day can you be on for:
    1 to 3 hours on work days (Monday-Friday) 3 to 6 hours (Saturday and Sunday)

What is your current rank (Block):
    I-Block and Platinum Donor

Do you have experience with prison servers:
    Yes, they are my favorite type of server. Reason being I like the grind for in game money. I know how they operate. Also, I understand that there are mine reset times for a reason. They can be overpowered if there were shorter mine reset times. This is a non-op prison server. Also if one mine is empty you can just go to another mine.

Do you have experience with support/helper ranks:
    No, never applied due to my past jobs in real life. Never had a steady schedule til now.

Have you read all of the server rules, understand the donation
    system, and the way the server works:

Yes, I understand

What makes you the best support/helper applicant:
    My in real life skills could apply to being a ChatMod. I've had a few leadership positions. The following, kitchen leader at a local restaurant and a supervisor at walmart over the fresh areas (produce, meats, etc). My current job is a Sales Representative that represents a phone/Internet service company. Which coincides with my real life skills. My in real life skills contains the following. Diplomacy, great customer service, business emails/calls , pushes ego to the side to benefit the customer, confident, kind but stern, empathy training. swift responses and lastly very dedicated.

Whats your Discord tag (You need Discord, and must have a mic):
    NerdyBlockhead#2113, and yes I have a mic.

Additional Info:
    Q1. What are all of the mute times, and how many warns before each mute?
    Excessive Spam is 15 minutes no warning instant mute. Spam is 1 warning then a 10 minute mute. Vulgar mute is 2 warnings then a 10 minute mute. Caps is 2 warnings then a 10 minute mute. Advertisement is a 1 day mute until banned. Then the process for that is for T-2 staff take screenshot then send to T-3+ so they can ban. Discrimination has no warning and is 30 minutes. Then lastly is Excessive harassment has no warning and is 30 minutes.

Q2. How do I earn money?
    Give proper location of mine/tree farm and point out the designated sale signs. Can also sell on auctions. Also quest offer rewards.

Q3. Where do I get food? Will I starve?
    /kit food will be helpful for now, then explain the monster spawners for a reliable food source. Also can by bought on auctions, or /warp blackmarket to look around.

Q4. How do I auction my sword?
    /auc [qty] [starting price] [Inc] [duration of time] [buy now price] or you can put it on the auction house /ah

Q5. What are drugs?
    Drugs are part of the prison server that can give some pretty cool potion effects. They are obtained by buying in the blackmarket or you can grind yourself after the M-Block

Q6. How do I vote?
    /vote and follow the links.

Q7. How do I get a plot?
    /warp plots then /plot me auto But keep in mind that plots are 50,000 in game. Also donor plots are available in /donate. Also you can also stand on a specific plot you want and type /plot claim.

Q8. How can I tell how long is left on my cell?
    Right-click your cell sign.

Q9. Why am I in jail?
    There are guards on this server. Having contraband can cause jail-time. Such as, holding a golden apple, drugs of any kind will get you 10 minutes of jail. Non enchanted weapons including axes will get you 5 minutes of jail. Enchanted weapons will get you 10 minutes. Wearing enchanted armor is 10 minutes. Then suicide with lots of contraband is 15 minutes jail. Throwing contraband at a guard is 5 minutes jail.

Q10. Where can I see how much time is left on my friend’s ban?
    Pretty sure /checkban is not public. But you can check on http://bans.cityprison.net/

Q11. Someone stole an item from my furnace, can you get it back for me?
    That would be your own fault the designated furnace area is locked from other players when you are you using it. If you leave it unattended it can be taken. Be careful next time.

Q12. How do I make a black market buy or sell sign?
    When you /warp bm go to the end of the hallway. There on both sides backed with red stained clay is the full explanation of the blackmaket rules and how to do your buys and sells.

Q13. How do I become chatmod?
    Well once you rank up to F-Block and 14* years old you can go to the forums on cityprison.net and apply.

Q14. I hate this. Can I buy my freedom with real money?
    Yes, you can go to /donate and buy your way to druglord rank. Also donor ranks can be more beneficial if you're wanting to make money fast.

Q15. Who owns the server?
    Ashour

Q16. Why is my name green in chat?
    When someone says your name it is green to gather your attention

Q17. What are grams?
    Grams are the name of currency for this server.

Q18. How much does a cell cost? How much does a black market stall cost?
    You can right click on a cell sign and if no-one owns it. A GUI will pop-up and you hover over the item. It will tell you the price.

Q19. How do I escape?
    You keep ranking up to druglord and there will be a free roam world once you get to druglord.

Q20. How do I report a player?
    You can report on the forums here https://forums.cityprison.net/forums/ReportPlayer/

Q21. I fell through the world, can I have my stuff back?
    If it was a glitched death you can appeal on the forums.

Q22. What are quests and how do I do them?
    Quests are where you earn money from NPCs from doing them favors from killing players or delivering blocks and items. There are NPCs around the map. You can right click them to bring up a GUI

Q23. Can I have OP?
    Give a warning, if they ask again 7 day ban.

Q24. Am I allowed to have enchanted items?
    Enchanted items are allowed, However caught by a guard will result in jail time.

Q25. Can you unban my friend? How can they be unbanned?
    They can appeal on the forums.

Q26. Can a player be added to my plot or perm cell? If so, how?
    They can be added. Although it can only be done if you donated which is at /donate and you will find the Plot/Cells book. Click on it and it will guide you to buycraft.

2. Dodo

Dodo Member

2 things, you played for 4 days and your 21, case closed

• Like Like x 1
  3. TidalxWave

TidalxWave New Member
    Support Titanium Member

The first problem I see here is that you don't have a lot of playtime to be super familiar with how the server works, but you could prove me wrong. Secondly, you are missing some MAJOR detail! This application is very sparse and needs more so here are some helpful criticisms:

Wording here is confusing, what do you mean by "give proper location"? Also, you can own a blackmarket and sell things through there. You also have to be F block and up to auction items so mention that.

Your wording here is also confusing, what do you mean by "explain the monster spawners for a reliable food source"? It's not monster spawners you can get food from, it's mob spawners but I can see the confusion. You can also donate for /feed and that is a way for "food".

Make sure to mention that you need to be F-Block and up to auction items.

List all the drugs and what they do individually. Saying they give cool potion effects is not enough.

You also need to hover over the chest that pops up in the menu when you right click the sign to see how long is left.

Make sure to include the jail times for donors as well as Legendary and Titanium donors.

You don't need to include anything about /checkban or any commands. You can also ask a staff member about the ban as well.

This is really lazy. You need to include the actual explanation of the BM sell signs and not just say where the explanation is.

There is also a co-owner who is Diamond_Rush1

This isn't correct. The name is green when someone mentions 4+ letters of your username in a sentence.

It's asking you how much it is. Include the price and don't say it will tell you. You also did not include prices for the blackmarket stalls and the separate prices for BM 1, 21 and the middle.

You don't really appeal on the forums for this. Unless you have proof you can't get your stuff back.

Not all bans are appealable.

Thats not the only way. T4+ staff members can trust someone to your plot for you.

This application shows you have much to learn about the server. I'd like to see a better application update in the future and more playtime. For now its a -1.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ecl1pzx

Ecl1pzx New Member

Not much else I can really add to what Tidal said. So -1

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zilv28

Zilv28 Picky Kid
    SrGuard Wiki Team Premium Member

~Zilv

• Like Like x 1
  6. BrOsChErRy

BrOsChErRy Member
    Support Titanium Member

You need a lot more detail in this application like Tidal stated above.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NerdyBlockhead

NerdyBlockhead New Member

Yeah I also agree. I've should of held off until i got the full experience of the server. I've been reworking my application. I plan on posting that application at a more appropriate time, later rather than sooner.

8. Dodo

Dodo Member

Imagine -1ing your own app

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. CynicalEevee

CynicalEevee New Member
    Legendary Titanium Member

I don't have much to say other than what everyone else already has and that's the lack of detail. I also do really believe you could have more in-game time because it really does reflect on how familiar you are with the server. You're a pretty mature guy with a clean slate so I just think the timing for this application was a bit soon for you. For now it is a -1. But I really do think if you make an application later and learn more, you can have potential on staff.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. starkissed

starkissed Nugget
    Staff Member Titanium Member

Denied. You're a very chill guy, but you need more experience and I don't think you have as much time anymore to be as active. I would love to see you back sometime tho. Reapply in 3 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.