1. Hey Guest Please vote for us at https://vote.cityprison.net You'll get awesome rewards like Kits, Crates, Money and more! Make sure to vote every 24 hours! - Thanks :)
  2. Hey Guest, If you can please support us by donating to our server! https://donate.cityprison.net it helps us keep going and growing our minecraft network. We've been open for over 5 years!

New Event Ideas!

Discussion in 'Junk' started by puppylover95, Jun 4, 2018.

?

More Events??

1. YES!

100.0%
  2. NO!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puppylover95

puppylover95 Member

We should have more events. Having the same ones over and over can get a bit boring :( So here are a few events we could have...
    *King of the hill (or a sumo event as @4AcreFarmer would call it)
    In this event all players that want to take part would be tped onto a surface. The players will have no armor and no weapon. The players will try punching the other players off and try being the last one on the “hill”.
    *Build-Off
    In this event players will get a limited supply of items and have to build the best thing that they get told to build. Example, if you were told to build a chicken you would have to build one with 64 white wool and 32 yellow wool and 2 black wool.
    *Horse Race
    This event sounds like the name. You race against players on a horse.
    *Pig Race
    This is exactly like the horse race but you are on pigs
    *Parkour Race
    You race to the finish line while jumping over holes and dodging obstacles
    *Fish Competition
    You go fishing against other players trying to get a certain item first. Example, you need to get a Pufferfish. Etc.
    Those are some of my ideas. Well the sumo event 4AcreFarmer came up with. Anyways if you have any questions about some just ask and I’ll try replying. Also if you like more than others say so! Also list your ideas and go into detail about what it is! And finally do not be toxic and have a great day/night depending on when you read this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. 4AcreFarmer

4AcreFarmer Member

I couldn't agree more. I love your ideas if you know what I mean. Parkour* To be honest their doesnt have be rewards. Tell lonely to start building places for these. We have asked many times for parlour and more events. PLS ADD.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. puppylover95

puppylover95 Member

Here is one to add to my list..
    *Hour of Truce
    In this event, no one will be able to attack each other, inside or outside of pvp, for an hour.This can allow players that don’t have good armor to get to the pvp mine, and D-block or G-block players a chance to safely get to and from their block mine.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. ruiy

ruiy Member
    God Member

King of the hill would be more koth like, but sumo would be awesome!
    They could also add a Koth event anyway and do more 1v1/2v2 bracket tournaments.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Volf

Volf Well-Known Member
    Titanium Member

Build off would be fun but I can't see it working unless players use blocks they acquire themselves. Staff probably wouldn't be able to provide the items as it would be too easy for spawned in items to get lost into the economy, which is a big no-no. Making sure every player has the items needed in that case would be insanely difficult.

Though, I suppose there are some resources that wouldn't hurt the economy. (Wood, wool, etc) Perhaps it could work, with some restrictions to the types of items that CAN be used (No Diamond blocks, Gold blocks, or anything valuable in general, including banned items.) IF Diamond and Ashour are willing to allow items like that to get into the economy.

Alternatively, I'm sure there's a way to restrict items to a separate world, but that just opens up a whole new can of worms tbh.

• Like Like x 2
  6. puppylover95

puppylover95 Member

I didn’t even think of that! Thanks for letting me know @Volf.

HERE IS A FIX...

*Build-Off
    In this event players will be told to build something the best they can. THE PLAYERS WILL NEED TO SUPPLY THEIR OWN ITEMS. Example, if you were told to build a chicken, you might want white wool, yellow wool, and black wool. After being told what to build, players will have about 10 minutes to gather supplies and about 30 minutes to build their creation.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Comet245/Falcon_26_1

I don't think that would be a good event most people pvp in that case there might be less people on.

8. ItsTrueBro

ItsTrueBro New Member

Add them all! These are great ideas and I would really like the hour of truce whenever I go into pvp there is always someone to kill me :( Even when there was only 5 people on someone was always there! Plz add hou of truce <3 ADD THEM ALL!

P.S Diamond, when will next events be? Can you make a event command so we can see when the events are?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. xxstarfire25xx

Staff Member SrGuard Legendary Titanium Premium Member

We’ve had a build off event before and the players inventory had to be empty before entering the event. The staff would provide all the materials and their inventories would be wiped after the event. I think that’s how it worked.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sman0305

Sman0305 Member
    Guard Titanium Member

The point of a PvP zone is for PvP, simple as that. An hour of truce makes no sense, as almost everywhere isn’t pvp. If you don’t want to get killed, don’t go into PvP.

11. ItsTrueBro

ItsTrueBro New Member

So you are saying that there should also be no more purges because if you want to pvp, you should go into a pvp zone? If you say yes, ok cool.
    But if you say no, hour of truce is basically the same but instead it makes pvp zones safe, in purges it makes the whole map pvp. And if you still say no, I would find that quite... (how should I put it) dumb?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. Volf

Volf Well-Known Member
    Titanium Member

He's not saying that at all, actually.

You're blurring together two very different things. At least purges make things interesting. An hour of truce just sounds silly and kind of boring. (no offense to Puppy)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ItsTrueBro

ItsTrueBro New Member

I guess that could get a bit boring. But I just don’t get how we can have a purge, which makes people that don’t want to pvp die and lose their stuff, and not an hour of truce, which can help d-blockers get to their mine without getting attacked. And maybe an hour is too long. We could have it be 30 min of truce.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Volf

Volf Well-Known Member
    Titanium Member

I'll give you the point regarding D-block, that's not something I'd thought of. I guess it's just a matter of popular opinion, though. I can't see many people wanting this but since PvP is a very large part of Minecraft servers, at least for the most part, in general I think more people would want a purge than people who would want a truce.

Edit: Would've helped if I'd actually read Puppy's original suggestion regarding this.:oops:

#14 Volf, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. 4AcreFarmer

4AcreFarmer Member

oof again Amazing idea! Keep them coming.

16. ItsTrueBro

ItsTrueBro New Member

True

17. RiTuAl_MUrd3r99

RiTuAl_MUrd3r99 New Member

It's True Bro!

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. ItsTrueBro

ItsTrueBro New Member

Is someone going to come and say if they are going to be added, or not, and lock and move or, is it just going to stay like this?

19. ParadoxBrother

ParadoxBrother New Member

Instead of Hour of Truce, try Reverse Hour.

PvP zones become safe, everywhere else you can die.

boom

don't actually take me seriously...

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. MCNation

MCNation New Member

Every month or so, I think it’d be a cool idea if there was a big event day with cool rewards. This day would consist of a bunch of different events every hour or 2 throughout the day. Great way to spike player count for a day which could bring some people that have the server already added to their server list back on government see what’s back going on.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.