1. Hey Guest Please vote for us at https://vote.cityprison.net You'll get awesome rewards like Kits, Crates, Money and more! Make sure to vote every 24 hours! - Thanks :)
  2. Hey Guest, If you can please support us by donating to our server! https://donate.cityprison.net it helps us keep going and growing our minecraft network. We've been open for over 5 years!

Owen1445's Chatmod Application

Discussion in 'Junk' started by owen1445, Jun 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. owen1445

owen1445 Active Member
    Chatmod Premium Member

IGN: Owen1445 (RevolutionizeMe is my alt)

How old are you:

What is your time-zone (GMT):
    +0:00 (London)

How long have you played on City Prison:
    5 years roughly

How many hours a day can you be on for:
    3-5 (After exams finish)

What is your current rank (Block)
    : K

Do you have experience with prison servers:
    I have played many different prison servers, I have played CP for a very long time but have also played many OP Prison servers in the past, I therefore think I have a lot of experience with Prison servers.

Do you have experience with support/helper ranks:
    I have been ChatMod, Support on CityPrison in the past which means I have good understanding of how the warning and mute system works, as well as temporary bans. I also have a good understanding of the respect and behaviour a ChatMod is supposed to uphold which gives me good experience for this application. Furthermore, I was also Helper on KitPvP which gives me a broader experience with commands and the day-to-day tasks of a Support/ChatMod role.

Have you read all of the server rules, understand the donation system, and the way the server works:
    Having previously donated, I have a good understand of how the donation system works. I also understand that the rules have changed since I was previously staff, however I believe that after reading/revising the new rules I am fully up to date with the changes the server has made.

What makes you the best support/helper applicant: I'd argue that there's lots of different things that make me the best applicant for a ChatMod position. I'd like to consider myself well-liked which can be beneficial in certain moments when controlling chat. My previous positions as staff on this server have taught me a lot, and because of the mistakes I've made in the past, as a matured player I am able to say that those mistakes won't be made again. I think that my temper has improved massively since 2015 and therefore my behaviour as a player has subsequently improved too. My typing speed also makes it easier for me to be able to welcome any new players; or answer their questions whenever needed. My typing speed can also be beneficial in situations where more than 1 staff member is needed. My activity also makes me a good candidate, because once these exams are over; I will have plenty of time for the foreseeable future to moderate chat and support the servers wonderful players.

Whats your Discord tag (You need Discord, and must have a mic): Spenser#1693 (Spenser being my first name) I do have a microphone, although I must admit I don't really talk as much as some may want me to.

Additional Info: (At the bottom of the Application)

Q1. What are all of the mute times, and how many warns before each mute?

Excessive Spam: 15 mins instant mute, this comes without a warning but it really has to be excessive for a ChatMod/Support to judge whether or not the person deserves this mute

Spam: 1 Warning then a 10 minute mute, there will be no verbal warnings only /warns. Spamming means 6+ characters or 3-4 repeat messages (of the same kind)

Caps: 2 Warns and then a 10 minute mute. Caps consists of two different things, one being three words with all upper case letters: "CHAT MOD APPLICATION" as an example. Another example of caps can also be "TyPinG LiKE THiS".

Vulgar: 2 Warns then a 10 minute mute, Vulgar consists of anything sort of swearing or sexual talk. This is based on the ChatMods judgement

Harassment: There is no warns for harassment, if harassment is excessive it will be an instant 30 minutes mute, this can be basically anything. Bullying is certainly not tolerated on this server.

Racism: Racism can be any sort of discrimination, I won't make examples of this but expect an instant 30 minutes mute for disgusting behaviour such as racism. It's not funny.

Q2. How do I earn money?
    There are plenty of ways to make money, whether or not you're an A blocker or a Prestige player, I will go through a list of ways to make money in full detail (however I would shorten this in chat for the players asking these questions)

Mining: Mining is the best way on a Prison to make money, especially for those just starting out. For A blockers just starting out, using commands such as /kit tools and /warp A can get them started. Mining cobblestone, coal and Iron is the first step to making money. Selling these items through multiple different processes, the easiest one being selling them at the Sell Signs just behind the /warp A spawn. For a beginner, selling mines here can get you more than enough to rankup fast, however there are alternatives to sell signs which could gain more significant sums of money.

Quests: Quests link in with mining because a frequent majority of the time Quests ask for certain ores and blocks, such as Cobblestone and Coal (for the first A quests). These quests when completed can reward you with sums of $1600 which is more than enough to get the first /rankup to rank B. Whilst quests may take longer than mining ores and selling them, Quests are a great alternative as they can be much more rewarding. Many higher ranked players still do Quests at any /warp in order to bring in more money to their balance. To do Quests, you must start with right clicking the NPC, then once you have right clicked the NPC you must hover over the object in the top of the inventory that has popped up. This will give you extra information that may help you complete the quest with more ease. Finally, when you're ready to begin the quest, click the object shown within the inventory and look into chat. Your objectives will be listed clearly for you. Some quests will ask you to "break" ores/blocks. In mines mining these blocks will automatically update your quest, you won't have to worry about doing it yourself. Some quests however, ask you to give the NPC certain items. For example Flint at /warp A wants you to mine 32 Cobblestone, and then hand it to him. To hand ores/blocks to NPCs simply right click. On completion, rewards will automatically be added to your balance, and experience bar.

Auction: Auctioning is another way for players to make money, this doesn't include ranks lower than F block because Auctioning is only available after reaching Rank F. Auctioning rare items such as Super Golden Apples can make a player quite a large sum of money, if a player has something valuable and they want to sell it in order to make money, they can do so by using the commands under /auc. The auctioning template goes as follows: /auc p [QTY] [PRICE] [INC] [TIME] [BUYNOW]. For this auction to work, make sure you have the auction item in your hand. If at any time you want to cancel your auction do /auc c. If you think auctions are worth bidding on (to make money) using /bid (your bid), you can also set a max bid if you don't want to get out-bid instantly.

Voting: Voting is another fantastic way of making money on City Prison, not only do you have a chance of being awarded with Donor Ranks and money to spend in the donation shop, but you can also make enough money to rank up to C without any effort. Voting also helps out the server so any votes are massively appreciated by the players as well as the staff team. To be able to vote, type /vote in game. Then click on the link it is providing. Once you've completed that step, you can click on every individual "Click to Vote" to make up to $5,000. Voting also makes you money through the drop parties, where rare diamonds are dropped in small or large quantities (depends on your luck). You can use these to increase your mining rates (through diamond pickaxes) or sell them for a nice profit in order to gain the money ranking up.

Handling your economy: Handling your economy is one of the hardest things to do in a Prison server, this involves playing around with market prices and developing your own strategies to perform well in blackmarket buying/selling as well as auction prices. An example of this would be spending lots of money on Super Golden Apples, enough money to dominate the Golden Apple economy. Then you could sell those Super Golden Apples for a much higher price, which is decided by you because many other people do not have those items. Whilst this is a rare way of making money it's worked in the past for many players (more specifically the drug trade)

Q3. Where do I get food? Will I starve? There are many different ways to get food. The easiest way for new players is the /kit food option. Whilst this only gives 5 pieces of steak, this number does add up as you can use the kit every 5 minutes. This should be enough to keep any player going the entire time when doing extensive tasks such as running around the mine collecting ores to sell for money. However, if you need more food than what /kit food is providing other alternatives can be used. From time-to-time people tend to sell spare food they have on the auction, using the /bid [your bid] command, you can buy any food listed on the auction market. To see further details about the auction you can use /auc info. Of course this isn't the most simplistic alternative to /kit food, another example of collecting food would be to use the farms situation in many different areas of the Prison. /warp B has a good chicken farm which can be used by anyone who has ranked up to B. By using the command /warp B and travelling to the opposite end of the warp you can find the chicken farm.

Q4. How do I auction my sword? To begin with, only F+ players are allowed to Auction, so if you're not above F block the other way to do it would be to ask someone else to do it for you. Using the command /auc and all following commands auctioning items is simplistic for any player. The layout /auc p [QTY] [PRICE] [INC] [TIME] [BUYNOW], is the first step to auctioning a sword. Start by having the sword in your inventory as well as in your hand, otherwise this auction won't happen. Using that layout begin by typing 1 for your quantity, then make sure you have spaces between each option to ensure the auction works correctly, choose your starting bid price, your bid increment (which is the amount of money you want each bid to go up by), the time (how long you want the auction to be up for) as well as your bid buy price (the price you'd be happy with someone automatically buying the sword). Once all this is completely press space and prepare for your auction. Sometimes people already have auctions going before you have a chance to do yours. Be patient, your auction has been placed in a queue and will be ready shortly. Something you shouldn't do is spam in chat asking players to buy your sword/items as this is against server rules and could result in a 10 minute mute.

Q5. What are drugs? Drugs are CityPrison's version of potions. They have positive affects on the people using them which can help them do multiple activities on the server, this includes PVP and Mining. Drugs are usually quite expensive because of their abilities. The drugs are as follows

Healer - Pink Dye (Instant Health)
    Super Speed - Ink Sac (More Speed)
    Baby Bat - Grey Dye (Night Vision)
    Steroids - Dark Green Dye (Haste)
    Fire Fighter - Red Dye (Fire resistance)
    Health - Green Dye (Instant Health)
    Hops - Orange Dye (Jump Boost)
    Teen Rocky - Cocoa Beans (Strength)
    Diver - Lapis (Underwater Breathing)

Drugs have different levels of effectiveness, for example you can have "Baby Rocky", "Child Rocky" and "Teen Rocky" These are three different levels of strength, with Teen Rocky being the highest level. The names of these levels vary between Drugs but have the same standard of concentration. Some drugs like Health only have 1 level of drug as it fully restores your health.

Q6. How do I vote? Voting is quite easy to do, it helps out the server and is massively appreciated by the players and the staff. Voting can be done through two ways. Firstly, in game you can use the command /vote which offers you a link to the voting page https://cityprison.net/vote. Here you can click the 5 different vote websites, enter your name; complete the CATPHA and then vote for our server. Once the server has registered your vote, you will be rewarded with money and a drop party after 50 overall votes (accumulated from every vote from the people of the server). The other way is going directly to the website https://cityprison.net/ and clitting the "VOTE" option, this will take you to the same directory page where you can complete the votes. You can vote once per website everyday, so make sure you vote for the server as often as possible to have a chance of better rewards.

Q7. How do I get a plot? Getting a plot is also quite easy, however plots are quite expensive, especially for the new players who have only just started out. There are two ways of getting two different types of plot. The first, more common example is the normal plot. This plot costs $50,000 and is a 10x10 plot available at any time for usage. If you want to directly choose a piece of empty land to claim you can use the command /plot claim, however if you just fancy a completely random location you can use the command /plot auto. The server will then remove the $50,000 from your account as expenses for the land. The secondary option for buying a plot is donation, here you can buy a 50x50 plot for $10.00 (USD real currency). Using the link http://donate.cityprison.net/category/7182, you can locate the 50x50 donor plot and buy it. You could also spend only $2.50 on the 10x10 if you'd rather do that then spend the $50,000 in game currency.

Q8. How can I tell how long is left on my cell? Left clicking the sign next to your cell is the best way of finding out how long you have left on your cell, once this timer is up you will no longer be able to keep access of the cell without re-buying it. You can also renew your plot when the time gets low.

Q9. Why am I in jail? Being in jail isn't a massive problem, it just means you've failed to give contraband to an On-Duty staff member who has asked you for your enchanted tools or armor. They have already given a countdown and you have consequently run out of time to hand over your items. Examples of contraband items are enchanted tools and enchanted armor. To reduce the amount of time you are jailed for, donating can half your jail time for ranks Donor, GOD and Platinum. Legendary and Titanium have lower jail times than the other donor ranks and normal ranks also.

Q10. Where can I see how much time is left on my friend’s ban? The easiest way to check how long your friend is still banned for would be to check the bans page on the website, the link: https://cityprison.net/bans/. Here you need to pick PRISON as an option, there you can click the ban page: http://cityprison.net/bans/prison/bans.php. There you can type in your friends name and see how long they were banned for. If the ban is temporary it will show a date and time of when your friend will be unbanned. If the ban is permanent your friend will have to appeal it.

Q11. Someone stole an item from my furnace, can you get it back for me? Unfortunately it's your responsibility to be careful with your items on the server, leaving your items in a furnace in a public area can be annoying for you, but you've got to make sure that you've got all your items secure. Therefore, staff members will be unable to return your items back to you. To avoid this situation reoccurring, you should spend money on a plot or a cell, so you can use furnaces in peace where no one else can touch your items.

Q12. How do I make a black market buy or sell sign? Firstly, to use Sell signs you need a black market stall, you can do this by renting them out whilst you sell your items inside them. In order to make sell signs you're going to have to start by grabbing signs and chests, after placing the chests, you can put sell/buy signs on the chest by crouch right clicking the chest. Then using the layout:
    [Amount]
    Buy (Price$): Sell (Price$)
    On this line using ? will save you time finding item IDs when you place items in the chest.

Q13. How do I become chatmod? Becoming ChatMod is a difficult thing to do. This is because its not just the requirements you have to meet. You've got to have great experience with the role and much more to be able to fulfill the role. However, the list of requirements that might prevent a player from applying are as follows: You have to be F block+ to apply, you also have to 14 years of age or above; however by asking T4+ staff for permission you may apply once they've agreed it's okay to do so. To become a staff member (ChatMod) you need to be polite, well-spoken and a role model to other players on the server. Your job is to keep the server chat clean, which is something that involves high levels of activity. If you think you meet the criteria to become a ChatMod on the CityPrison server, you can use this link: https://forums.cityprison.net/threads/chatmod-application-and-information.1275/, to begin applying. Copying the layout into your own thread and filling it out appropriately will show your knowledge of the server, as well as your commitments. These are important to think about when applying because if you're not committing time to the server, then you shouldn't become a staff member. Once you have applied patience is important, showing your patience with your results will show your patience elsewhere; such as helping players out in chat.

Q14. I hate this. Can I buy my freedom with real money? If ranking up is taking too long for you there are ways to buy ranks that can help you improve your rank and wealth on the server. Using the donation page http://donate.cityprison.net/, you can navigate your way onto "A-DRUGLORD ranks" here you can buy 5 different packages, the largest being Druglord at $60.00 and the lowest being C-Block at $5.00. The more money you spend here the higher your rank will go. So if you don't like your rank you can always upgrade to a higher one using your real money. Remember that donations of any quantity help keep the server running so donations are appreciated massively. These rank upgrades aren't the highest ranks you can go to on CityPrison however, you can use your real money to spend on donor ranks which makes it much easier to rankup, these donor ranks include Donor (lowest donor rank), Platinum (middle donor rank) and Titanium (highest donor rank). All these ranks can help you rank up to Druglord and even prestige as shown by many players with the ranks.

Q15. Who owns the server? Ashour is the main owner of the server, however there are three SrWardens. These three SrWardens are Ashour himself, Diamond_Rush1 and XxErisVenomousxX.

Q16. Why is my name green in chat? Your name goes Green in chat when someone has put your name in their message, this usually means they are addressing you in conversation or talking about you. Either way the message is in Green to let you know you're being mentioned.

Q17. What are grams?
    Grams is the in-game currency post reset update.

Q18. How much does a cell cost? How much does a black market stall cost? There are different sizes of Black Market stalls, most of which cost $5000 per day to renew and keep as your own. These black market stalls can be rented up to 7 days, which means you can spend $35,000 for a week Black Market space. Other blackmarket stalls such as BlackMarket Stall #22 costs $20,000 per day, which means you are spending $140,000 per week to keep the stall. Some BM''s also costs $10,000. Cells on the other hand, are much cheaper than Black Markets. Cells costs $500 grams per day, only $3,500 per week. However cells do need to be renewed everyday, otherwise you could end up losing them

Q19. How do I escape? Only CP, there isn't a definite "Escape". The closest thing to Escaping is the Drug world, this is an open world where you can build drugfarms which can help you gain money through the drug business. When Druglord becomes available once more, players above that rank can go back and forth as they please in order to make their money. Ranks don't just stop at Druglord, if you something more challenging you can go for Prestiges, which cost more money than usual ranks making it harder for you to rankup.

Q20. How do I report a player? Reporting a player is pretty easier, if you have the evidence to do so. This evidence can be in the form of Video or Screenshots (depending on what you're reporting) using the layout Diamond_Rush1 has prepared at this link: https://forums.cityprison.net/threads/report-a-player-format.9188/ you can report players with ease. Make sure you fill out the layout correctly in your own thread and have your evidence ready to link. Remember that temp bannable offenses under a day are not reportable on the forums, so please don't try to report people for spam, harassment and more.

Q21. I fell through the world, can I have my stuff back? Falling through the world/floor is quite a rare thing on the server, unless you have proof of the items lost and proof of you losing the items, it's unlikely you'll receive the items that you lost. If the items you lost were quite valuable and you have proof of you losing them, creating a thread on the forums may give you a chance of getting those items back, however that would be up to the T4+ staff to make that decision. Otherwise, there's nothing I can do.

Q22. What are quests and how do I do them? Quests are another alternative way of making money on the prison server, these quests usually have bigger rewards than selling ores at the sell signs at every warp, however the Quests can take longer and usually require more effort so only attempt them if you're willing to give up the time. If you want to start the quest, you can do so by right click the NPC. Once you have right clicked the NPC your inventory will come up, along with another bar at the top. This extra bar includes the quest that you have to do. Hovering over the object shown above in this inventory bar will give you more information about the quest given. Once you've read that you can begin the quest by clicking on the object. The quest will then give you objectives to complete in chat, this can include mining a certain amount of blocks, or giving the NPC certain types or ores/blocks. For example Flint in A block wants you to mine 32 cobblestone blocks and then give him the same amount of blocks. The mine number is automatically recorded so you don't have to do anything on that part. However when you want to finish the quest by giving him the cobblestone you are going to have to have the cobblestone in your hand and then finish the quest by right clicking the NPC. The rewards consist of money and experience mostly, but you can also receive ores from some quests.

Q23. Can I have OP? You can't have OP, OP takes a long time to get through years of hard work and respect whilst playing as a staff member. Asking for OP will result in a 7 day temporary ban after 1 single verbal warning from a member of staff. Asking for OP won't get you anywhere so there really isn't any point in getting a 7 day ban to prove that.

Q24. Am I allowed to have enchanted items? Enchanted Items are not banned, but they are considered contraband. This means that if you are spotted holding or wearing enchanted tools/gear you might be asked to remove it and hand it to a Guard that is on duty. If there are no guards on duty you will not be asked for your items. If you refuse to hand over your enchanted items you will be jailed for a specific amount of time. Enchanted items won't result in a ban as they aren't against the rules, only against the Guarding system we have here on City Prison.

Q25. Can you unban my friend? How can they be unbanned? I personally can not unban your friend, if they have been permanently banned they will have to appeal on the forums. They can do this by following starkissed format shown here: https://forums.cityprison.net/threads/discord-ban-mute-appeal.11203/. Make sure to read the information also listed by starkissed to avoid any problems with your appeal that could hinder your/your friends chances of being unbanned. If your friend has a temporary ban they will have to wait it out rather than appealing because you can't appeal temporary bans.

Q26. Can a player be added to my plot or perm cell? If so, how? There are two types of "adding" people to your plot on CityPrison. The first and most simple version of "adding" someone is the /plot add (Name). This will add them to your plot so that they can access everything on your plot whilst you are online, however they will be unable to do anything on your plot when you're offline. A way to solve this problem if you trust the person fully, you can ask a T5+ staff member to trust them to your plot. This means that they can access your plot whenever they want even when you're offline. A donation is required to add a person to your cell the donation cost is $2.50 show here http://donate.cityprison.net/category/7182. Once the donation has gone through a T5+ will be able to add that person to your cell, with your permission and theirs.

Thank you for reading my application.
    At the moment I still have exams, I know this application does come at an unusual time but I only have a week left of them. This means that my activity in the next week and a half will
    NOT reflect my activity for the foreseeable future. I promise that my activity will remain solid after these exams.
    With that being sad, ANY feedback is appreciated.
    So yeah, ~Owen1445, thank you very much

2. MeRCV9

MeRCV9 New Member

+1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. ruiy

ruiy Member
    God Member

Best application. Also a very mature player and ily +1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. CinnieLee17

CinnieLee17 New Member

+1
    Such a supportive player in cp, and a really great person.
    Good luck!
    A really great application too. :rolleyes:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. TidalxWave

TidalxWave New Member
    Titanium Member

Holy smokes what a fantastically detailed and wonderfully written application! The only minor thing I see is for question 16. Your name is green when 4+ characters of your username is mentioned. Other than that your app is solid and your behavior in game is up to standard. Hope to see you on the chat side soon ;) +1

• Like Like x 1
  6. owen1445

owen1445 Active Member
    Chatmod Premium Member

<3

I'll make an update in a couple of days if more people have extra suggestions, thanks for the support

• Like Like x 1
  7. ImaRoguez

ImaRoguez Member

+1
    I remember playing with you on KitPvP and you were so helpful and really made me enjoy the server. You really deserve staff!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. CynicalEevee

CynicalEevee New Member
    Legendary Titanium Member

Incredibly detailed and with past experience you'd be amazing on the staff team! You're always on helping players and know how to answer just about any question thrown at you. You're also very mature and polite with players. A major +1 from me! I really hope to see you on the team soon!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Bossing

Bossing Active Member

+1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. owen1445

owen1445 Active Member
    Chatmod Premium Member

Thanks guys appreciate this

11. Trex497

Trex497 New Member

ur a cool dude, i like u. U get my +1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Smiley563.

Smiley563. Member
    Support Member

Nice application, lots of detail and has been helping out in chat a bit.
    You are friendly and a cool guy.
    Good Luck @owen1445!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. _DarkAngel

_DarkAngel Member

+1 Good luck ;3
    Friendly and kind
    and very helpful in-game.
    Wishing you the best

14. SergeantTeabag

Moderator Legendary Titanium Member

My boy is back at it again! I remember you being staff back in the day, but I don't remember if we staffed at the same time. I thought we did. You're very nice to talk to, both in-game and on Discord. I know I didn't talk to you all that often on the server before, but knowing who you were on Discord made me remember how helpful you were in-game all the time. That hasn't changed now that you've come back to the server. You have my support.

+1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. owen1445

owen1445 Active Member
    Chatmod Premium Member

My final exam is tomorrow.
    This means my activity will remain the 3-5 I have committed to.
    Thanks to those people that have helped me get through a stressful period of my life

I do appreciate it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. owen1445

owen1445 Active Member
    Chatmod Premium Member

From the 21st June to the 23rd June (Friday to Sunday) I will be going to Wales.
    This means I will be unable to get onto the server and resume usual activity.
    So therefore I'd like to show this absence and let everyone know where I am.
    Thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  17. OnyxBBX

OnyxBBX Member

Used to be a pretty rude guy and rude to me especially, but that is in the past he changed for the better :D
    GOOD LUCK +1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Ecl1pzx

Ecl1pzx New Member

+1

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. owen1445

owen1445 Active Member
    Chatmod Premium Member

Thanks to a heavy donation I'm happy to say:

What is your current rank (Block): DrugDealer

• Winner Winner x 2