1. Hey Guest Please vote for us at https://vote.cityprison.net You'll get awesome rewards like Kits, Crates, Money and more! Make sure to vote every 24 hours! - Thanks :)
  2. Hey Guest, If you can please support us by donating to our server! https://donate.cityprison.net it helps us keep going and growing our minecraft network. We've been open for over 5 years!

Forum Pork's Guide to MineSync! (Syncing your MC Account with the forums)

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Dat1Porkchop, Mar 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dat1Porkchop

Dat1Porkchop IIconic
    Premium Member

Hello prisoners!

Welcome to this guide on using the new minesync feature added to the forums just over a month ago

- Minesync? What is that? -
    Minesync syncs your Minecraft account with your forums account and adds your current CP rank to your forums avatar.

For example, an un-synced forum account will simply just show a "Member" tag as seen here -
    [​IMG]
    Once it is synced, aswell as this tag will you get an extra tag or even two tags if you're a donor. For example -
    [​IMG]
    You can see here that because this user (definently not @PR099) has two extra tags, these being "Legendary" and "Prestige-2". This being because the player donated for the "Legendary" donor rank, and is in the "Pres-2" blocks on prison.

All blocks from A-Utopia will be displayed, but if you are in the Prestige 1 or 2 blocks, it will only display the Prestige part as seen in the picture above.

Not only do regular players display their ranks, but staff do aswell. As seen in my tag -
    [​IMG]
    With it showing my staff rank of Support. Obviously this will differ from staff to staff depending on their ranks.

- That sounds cool! What do I need to be able to sync? -

Pretty simple! You need a forums account aswell as a Minecraft account. That's it! (Well, a computer may come in handy)

If you have all those things, then you can get underway with the syncing.

- I have all those things, So how do I sync my accounts? Some sort of black magic or something? -

No black magic is required my friend. Just hop onto CityPrison (Currently this only works on Prison and does not work on KitPvP, Skyblock or Factions) and type /sync into chat. You will then be given a link, click this and then it is all easy from there.

- I just did it 10 seconds ago and it isn't working, This server is broken! Screw this server!! -

Hold your horses pal! It will take sometime before your rank gets synced properly, so give it at least a day before contacting staff about any problem with it.

Rank ups of any sort (Whether it's through blocks, donations or staff) will also take about a day to be updated properly.

---=[-+-]=---

Well, that concludes this tutorial. I hope this was able to help out some player that didn't get the feature or didn't know how to use it. If it did then that's great!

If you feel there is anything that should be added to this tutorial, by all means add it in a reply to this thread.

Thanks for reading

~ Dat1Porkchop, CP Support.

• Like x 5
    • Useful x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. _oscar_

_oscar_ Member

Thanks mr pork!

/link also works!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Dat1Porkchop

Dat1Porkchop IIconic
    Premium Member

Lol, I thought it was something else. Rip, thanks for pointing that out. If a forum admin would like to edit that into the original post that'd be greatly appreciated.

#3 Dat1Porkchop, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. B-Mode21

B-Mode21 New Member

#Sync4KitPvP

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. LBakerMoore

LBakerMoore New Member
    Legendary Titanium Member

I agree

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. AndrewScout

AndrewScout Active Member

Excellent guide!

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. Dat1Porkchop

Dat1Porkchop IIconic
    Premium Member

:^) One day... Maybe one day.

• Creative Creative x 1
  8. Dat1Porkchop

Dat1Porkchop IIconic
    Premium Member

@Ashour @Diamond_Rush1 I made a slight boo boo in this tutorial, I said /sync in the post, which is meant to be /link. If one of you could fix this for me, that'd be nice ;3

9. ToxicHurricane

ToxicHurricane Active Member

Welp I've waited 1 week and nothing has happened...

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.