1. Hey Guest Please vote for us at https://vote.cityprison.net You'll get awesome rewards like Kits, Crates, Money and more! Make sure to vote every 24 hours! - Thanks :)
  2. Hey Guest, If you can please support us by donating to our server! https://donate.cityprison.net it helps us keep going and growing our minecraft network. We've been open for over 5 years!

Round 8 - UPDATE

Discussion in 'Anouncements' started by Ashour, Jul 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashour

Ashour Need help? PM me! OR email me at "[email protected]"
    Staff Member Owner Forum Admin

We'd like to update everyone with the status of round 8 in regards to the rank recovery ($-Block, God etc)
    ALL ranks ($-Block --> Titanium Block) have been RETURNED
    IF YOU SUBMITTED IT BEFORE 7/18/17
    IF IT WAS AFTER PLEASE WAIT.
    IT SAYS IT CAN TAKE UP TO 30 DAYS TO PROCESS.
    IT ALSO SAYS
    DO NOT CONTACT STAFF WHILE YOU WAIT.
    THANK YOU

IF you have not received your rank back yet PLEASE reach out to me on Skype or via email.
    [email protected]
    or skype: ashour253

ALSO A NOTE ABOUT "LEGACY"
    majority of people received a "LEGACY RANK" (95% I would say)
    What this means is you got the rank 3+ months before the reset which places you in LEGACY status
    Legacy-Titanium
    Legacy-Legendary
    Etc.
    You will ONLY notice this if you recieved an InGameMail stating you got "LEGACY" if you did not get that message then you are NOT part of the legacy ranks.

How impact does Legacy status have on you?
    Nothing right now, it's just a way for us to identify people, we may potentially introduce restrictions but we have none at this time.

Why?
    Because it's easier Cp 5.0 people (and the few who got it before the reset) will now be easily monitored and tracked. It helps us.

Will you introduce restrictions?
    Yes, No, Maybe so. We don't have any plans at this time but this may change, but as of today we have no intentions on changing the warp, kit, time or anything of this nature.

What may happen is if we modify lets say how many vaults Titanium has we will keep legacy titanium users the same (so if we decreased/increased titanium vaults we would not decrease or increase legacy users)

Can I upgrade?
    No at this time you cannot pay and upgrade to non-legacy status.

Thank You!​

#1 Ashour, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. MrYazbeck

MrYazbeck New Member
    Titanium Member

Why would non-legacy have the advantage? I mean I am a non-legacy but I find it unfair. I think if you want to give a privilege it should be to older players... imo

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Bulbosaurr

Bulbosaurr New Member
    Titanium Member

so people who have been here less get the advantage?

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Bossing

Bossing Active Member

I'm a little confused about the whole legacy thing BUT if you did give an advantage to someone it should, without question, be the older players. We are the ones who have been supporting the longest. I'll give you a few reasons why.
    1. We have been supporting the server for a longer period of time
    Ex. Giving feedback about the spawn changes.
    2. We also lost our ranks for 3 months, not just them
    3. We donated at a time where you needed it more
    4. We have been active on the server ( A LOT longer than the newer players)
    5. Some of us have even helped the server grow ( by giving suggestions, being staff, helping players, etc...)
    6. We have stuck by the server even when it was going through bumps ( and there have been quite a few)
    7. Most of us have donated for other stuff besides the rank ( other perks on prison, stuff on kitpvp/factions/skyblock) meaning, again, we have been supporting this server a lot more
    8. VOTES!!! Most of the older players have voted A LOT more than the newcomers ( meaning we have helped the server grow a lot)

Now I could go on but I think you get the point.
    Here's an analogy, think of us as kids and the server is our parents.
    A parent has a 6 year old kid, but adopts a new kid and forgets about the other kid and showers the new kid with presents. ( I know that was a bad analogy but hopefully you get the point)

IMO I don't think there should be any legacy ranks at all but if there are, the older players should get the advantage.

Honestly I'm a little confused about the legacy ranks. I made this post ONLY to assist you in making a decision on who gets the advantages of having a legacy rank. And I hopefully I made it clear on what my opinion on the matter is.

( I typed this on my iPad so bear with me on any grammar mistakes)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Ashour

Okay but let's say we do something negative to titanium you want that to apply to you as well? It goes both ways you cannot just have positive things happen to you.

Nobody said that. The thread states legacy will remain as close as possible to what the rank was before. Some things will change possibly but right now we don't have plans

So if we remove titianium kit for new players you're going to wait it to also effect you? How about if we made the cooldown an hour? Oh that's fine for it to apply to you.

Legacy means you get as close as a rank to the day you made the transaction. If we make a change it most likely will not effect legacy some small change might. Larger changes will not.

Pleade also be aware we don't offer upgrades therefor it's such small differences that it's not even worth money to upgrade therefore you can tell chances are that the differences will be beneficial or atleast no large negative impact.

Right now there is no difference.

6. PrisonbossFTW

PrisonbossFTW New Member

So we don't get a kit or a suffex?

7. Ashour

The original post answers this several times.

8. PrisonbossFTW

PrisonbossFTW New Member

As well when will I be able to get my druglord rank and op tools?

9. Bossing

Bossing Active Member

k, was just a little confused, the 2 posts above mine made it seem like legacies were getting benefits.

Also, if someone were to donate now would they be legacies? This doesn't affect me but it might impact other people debating on whether they should donate now. I didn't see the answer in our post so I thought I'd ask to clear up any confusion

10. Ashour

If you upgrade you're pushed out of legacy because it's counted based on the last upgrade.

But if you're upgrading ONLY because you don't want legacy, it's pointless. Save your money or donate it for another package because legacy will not be much different if any different. The only reason we told people is to make it clear.

11. PrisonbossFTW

PrisonbossFTW New Member

?

12. Ashour

If you haven't yet fill out the form and someone will reach out to you. A-Utopia is what the Druglord rank will fall under.

13. PrisonbossFTW

PrisonbossFTW New Member

I did and u messaged me on skype.

14. PrisonbossFTW

PrisonbossFTW New Member

Im mastermine43.

15. Bossing

Bossing Active Member

So I joined the server via minechat and I used /kits but did not have any other than the starting ones ( I had all the kits; hustler, master, titanium, etc...).
    Also I didn't have my rank tag. I was told to do /tags but nothing happened ( might be because I'm on minechat, I can't get on my laptop for a few days so I'll let you know later if that was the problem)
    Another thing, in my mail I have not received all my stuff yet ( crates )
    And lastly when I checked my mail read, the mail you sent me about kit master, you called me Ironic4win, idk if that was a typo when you sent the mail to everyone or if you forget to send master to ironic4win. ( btw I did donate for master so if the latter is what happened, don't take it away from me)

EDIT- I forgot to mention that all my stuff says I'm a legacy donor but I donated for most of this stuff 2 years ago so that's not possible for me to be a legacy. ( I think it did it to everyone)
    I know you might not be done yet but I thought I would make this post sooner than later so your aware of it.
    And yes, I did vote bother before and after I received my stuff

Side note- to everyone who wants their rank to be shown in game just do /tags

#15 Bossing, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  16. Ashour

To reiterate:
    Legacy-Titanium is EXACTLY the same as Titanium
    Legacy-Legendary is EXACTLY the same as Legendary.

Can you upgrade out of legacy NO
    Can you pay us $x to get out of legacy (on the side) NO
    Can I redonate for for the same rank to get out of legacy NO

What is the difference?

at this time THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE.
    WE DO NOT INTEND ON MAKING THEM DIFFERENT AT THIS TIME.
    WE HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF IT IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

BUT IF WE DO ADD SOMETHING.
    Example, more PV's or a 2nd titanium warp YOU WILL NOT BENEFIT.

Chances of us adding a 2nd warp? like 1% since we've never done it.
    Adding more Pv's? Haven't done it.

It is just to separate Pre 5.0 donors.

Just to note, we're not taking things away nor do we intend to, people still have donor ranks back from 2014 and 2013 when the server started! Did we take them away? Did we modify them? No.

Did anyone NOT get Titanium when they donated for Titanium (on purpose) no.
    Did anyone NOT get ANY Donor-Rank? No.
    Did anyone NOT get compensated for Tangible things like A-Utopia ranks or Crates (crates coming soon) No.

We don't intend on screwing old donors over, it's just a separation and it's easier for us to maintain. The only reason we told people is so they're aware they're separate then 5.0 players ENCASE we do something NO PLANS TO DO IT THOUGH!

If we did not tell anyone, NOBODY would have noticed because their is NO difference.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. Ashour

I don't have a mastermine43 on skype.

You're not going to be able to select your active tag through minechat.

We did not give out crates (whatever we've posted about is what we've given out)
    Not sure about your other kits and seeing ironic but people did get the mail it's just not working right now. If you got the mail you're good.

Legacy donor has nothing to do with missing things.

18. PeppaPug_

PeppaPug_ Member

Guys stop getting worked up, chances are it won't have a huge impact on you.

What i got from this post is the main reason behind it is to make sure old donors (the people with legacy ranks) get back exactly what they donated for at that time. If they do decide to change some things up, ether beneficial or not they will want to keep it as close as they can to what you donated for at the time you bought your rank. They won't change what you have already donated for and if they do it probably will be so insignificant it won't even matter.

I think that's the main reason behind it anyway :p

19. I3lizzard_I3east

Premium Member

<3 @Ashour. My Titanium rank is back. My plots are back. My /nick and /chatcolor are back. All sorts of other stuff are back except my old Admin prefix. I think that got lost in the reset or something. xD (I figure /pets, /pp, /fly, /yeticannon, /god, etc. that aren't back yet are all still in process, and I'm patient.)

Legacy. For an old yeti, I like leaving a legacy behind. If only I could stop forgetting where I put it. Just please give me an option to buy new perks (like more /pv's replace my old /backpack?) if you add to new features old donors like me might want. Personally, I'd like more pv's if you were hoping for feedback, but you've always done good by me in all these years so I don't worry - I know whatever you do is to better CP.

Back on topic... thanks for all the great updates ash! So many things I missed from older versions of CP have been given back to us. Many people don't even know what they missed in the old days, but you and the team have done a seriously epic snowstorm of a job. There's always a few bumps on every journey, and I'm just happy to get to come along for the ride.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. gougoumath

gougoumath Well-Known Member

me too ;(

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Salt Salt x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.