1. Hey Guest Please vote for us at https://vote.cityprison.net You'll get awesome rewards like Kits, Crates, Money and more! Make sure to vote every 24 hours! - Thanks :)
  2. Hey Guest, If you can please support us by donating to our server! https://donate.cityprison.net it helps us keep going and growing our minecraft network. We've been open for over 5 years!

Skatert7720’s JrGuard Application

Discussion in 'Junk' started by Skatert7720, Feb 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skatert7720

Skatert7720 New Member

The following is my re-done application for JrGuard. Lonely told me to reapply now,, not wait 3 weeks, since I have reached over 50 hours of server game time.
    IGN:
    Skatert7720

How old are you:

What is your timezone (GMT):
    PST

How long have you played on CityPrison:
    A couple weeks, official playtime is 2d, 14hr, 38min
    (62 hrs)

How many hours a day can you guard for:
    I can guard for about 3 hours a day, more on weekends.

What is your current rank (Block):
    I am K rank, and continuing to go up. :)

Do you have experience with prison servers:
    I have been playing prison servers since I started playing Minecraft in like 2011. I have learned just about everything there is to know about prison servers. When the classic servers started to go extinct a few years back, I started my search for something like CityPrison and I found you guys.
    Do you have experience with guard ranks:
    I have guarded on several other older prison servers that have suffered the same fate as many of the original prison servers have. My time guarding on those servers was quite fun and enjoyable for me. I enjoy being able to help and guide my fellow players in prison servers in hopes to show them how much fun it can be.

Have you read all of the server rules and know your way around the prison:
    I have briefed myself on all the rules very thoroughly. I don't ever have trouble with rule following or with current Staff members. I do not challenge rules of the prison server.

What makes you the best guard applicant:
    I think my general understanding of prison servers as well as my work ethic on servers in the past makes me a wonderful applicant. My experience in this position has helped me to become a well versed guard on other servers which I think would directly apply to this server. I think that my love and passion for maintaining servers that remind me of my past times on Minecraft would keep me involved and working hard on this server. When I first started playing prison servers I had a few guards and staff members that impacted me and help me grow my love for this style of prison and it inspired me to try to have a similar impact on others who play. I also always welcome and congratulate my fellow players on their ranks because I find that the best way to have a good natured and fun server is to star with my own actions.
    Do you have Discord and Teamspeak (You need Discord, and must have a mic):
    Yes, I have Discord #6195 and a headset with a Mic
    Additional Info:
    Since I started at this server, I have worked endlessly to encourage people and make a community for everyone to enjoy, working as staff would only help that. Please consider who I am on the server as an accurate representation of what I hoe to bring to the City Prison Team.

Questions:

Q1. What are the jail times for these items; enchanted weapons, unenchanted weapons, drugs/golden apples?

The jail time for enchanted weapons is 10 minutes, 5 minutes for Donor/God/Platinum and 2.5 minutes for Legendary/Titanium.
    The jail time for regular weapons5 minutes, and is 2.5 mins of jail time for Donor/God/Platinum and Legendary/Titanium jail time 1.25 minutes.
    The jail time for drugs/golden apples is 10 minute jail time, 5 minutes of jail time for Donor/God/Platinum, and Legendary/Titanium is 2.5 minutes of jail time.

Q2. What do you do if someone suicides on you with a lot of contraband items or throws a lot of contraband items on you?

If someone suicided or threw a lot of contraband items on me, It would result in me giving 15 min jail time, 7.5 min jail time Donor/God/Platinum, and 2.5 min jail time for Legendary/Titanium. I would then take the items to disposal or throw them in Lava because rules for guards advises against having contraband items.

Q3. What are the jail times for donors?

Donor/God/Platinum have half the jail time, and Legendary/Titanium have a fourth of the jail time.

Q4. If the player, when asked for the contraband, puts it in his inventory/pv, what do you do?

I would ask an additional time. If faced with no response I would then jail him for the appropriate time for the item, making note if he is a donor rank and giving him the correct jail time accordingly.

Q5. If someone logs out during a countdown what do you do? What about jail evasion?

I would 10 minute Temp Ban.
    For jail evasion, I would warn them once before banning them double the time. Rank does not apply for this ban.

Q6. Can Admins and Commanders be jailed? What about JrWarden+?

Admins and Commanders can be jailed for contraband if off duty.
    Jr. Wardens cannot be jailed.

Q7. Can you take swords from players in mob farms? What about donor grinders?

I can take swords from players in mob farms or grinders, but not from players in donor grinders.

Q8. If you are going to jail a donor for having an enchanted sword how long would it be? What about legendary/titanium?

If they are Donor/God/Platinum, the jail time would be 5 minutes.
    For Legendary/Titanium the jail time is 2.5 minutes.

Q9. Are you allowed to pvp as a guard either on or off-duty?

No, never, unless in order to defend oneself after being attacked.

Q10. Do you jail someone if they have the effects of a drug?

Only if I see the item and ask for it and they don't give it back, at that time the player would be jailed.

Q11. If a player drops a contraband item and another player picks it up, what do you do?

Ask the player who picked up the item for the item, if I do not get it, they are jailed for the appropriate time associated with the item.

Q12. Are you allowed to keep items taken from players and keep them for yourself and friends?

No, items received from players as contraband must be put in disposal or in lava.

Q13. Are you allowed to take away contraband from a player if they just logged into the server?

No, they are new and therefore may not have had the opportunity to read the rules yet. If I saw the contraband, I would advise them to read the rules to educate themselves on contraband. If they continued to hold it, I would follow the protocol for the contraband item by asking for it and jailing if they do not respond.
    If they were a returning player who logged with the item in hand but didn't know I was on duty, I would warn them to put it away and remind them I am on duty. If they didn't respond I would follow contraband item protocol.

Q14. What should you do if you come across a sugarcane/cactus farm?

I would raid the farm and dispose of the items via the disposal or lava. If I found a farm on a plot I would report it to a higher star so they could remove it.

Q15. What is line pvp, and what do you do if you see someone do this?

Line pvp is the act of entering the pop area, such as the area in G, hitting another player, before quickly running back over the line into the non-pvp area. if I saw this, I would /kick line pvp 1,/kick line pvp 2, temp ban starting at 5 mins and then double the ban every time they repeat the action. Consequences reset each day.

If a player is attacked and then they flee to a safe zone, this is defense and does not fall under line pvp.

Thank you for reviewing my application, I appreciate your time and feedback.
    ~Skatert7720

2. BrOsChErRy

BrOsChErRy New Member

Your previous application get denied just over a week ago, you must wait longer untill you apply agai.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Skatert7720

Skatert7720 New Member

I think you may have missed my disclaimer at the top, Lonely gave me special permission and even advised me to re-apply today despite the fact that my original app was just a week ago.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Mr_lonely132

Mr_lonely132 Builder
    Staff Member Titanium Premium Member

Your application is overall outstanding. The only thing I see wrong is your activity. Other than that I think you would be an amazing part of your staff team. So try and come on more and you should be good. Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. NeonSkittle

NeonSkittle New Member

+1 but just like lonely said be more active

6. Jives203

Jives203 New Member
    Legendary Titanium Member

I can’t say that I’ve seen you online but it took me a while to read your app. That’s not a bad thing :). Based upon the info provided above I think you’d be a good addition. Just get on some more bud :).

+1

• Like Like x 1
  7. Skatert7720

Skatert7720 New Member

Thanks so much for your feedback! I know I've seen you on, but my nickname on the server is Zero, so maybe thats what you saw of me? Either way thanks for the complement on the app, I have been working very hard on getting my play time up! (Im officially at 114hrs)

8. Zilv28

Zilv28 Picky Kid
    SrGuard Wiki Team Premium Member

Check this again.

Remember, only enchanted ones.

-------

Other than these two minor changes that need to be done, your application is actually pretty good.
    I have seen you in game a couple of times now and I can tell you are a very nice and helpful player.
    I wish you the best of luck.

+1

~ Zilv

9. BrOsChErRy

BrOsChErRy New Member

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. Skatert7720

Skatert7720 New Member

Legendary and Titanium have a guard pass for enchants and regular weapons.

I can only take weapons in farms and grinders if they are enchanted

Thanks for letting me know what I needed to fix, thanks for checking out my app. I hope to get to play with you in the future!

11. BrOsChErRy

BrOsChErRy New Member

Use some Colour

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Skatert7720

Skatert7720 New Member

Legendary and Titanium have a guard pass for enchants and regular weapons.

I can only take weapons in farms and grinders if they are enchanted

Thanks for letting me know what I needed to fix, thanks for checking out my app. I hope to get to play with you in the future!

13. Waffles

Waffles Mufasa
    Staff Member Commander JrWarden Titanium Member

Legendary and Titanium only get a pass on enchanted armor. They can still get jailed for regular weapons and enchanted weapons. Zilv was telling you the jail time for those ranks was incorrect. Other than that small error, your application is clean and detailed. I also see no problems with your in-game activity and behavior. Good luck!

+1

• Like Like x 1
  14. TidalxWave

TidalxWave New Member

Very nice application! I always see you on and you are very friendly to the players on the server. I think you are a solid candidate for staff! Best of luck and a big ol +1 from me!

15. 18k

18k New Member

Hey skater, I've known you from legit the first second you have joined the server and you have never once been rude, you are super nice and mature and you are also caring. For real I cant think of a reason why you wouldn't be accepted +1

16. Waffles

Waffles Mufasa
    Staff Member Commander JrWarden Titanium Member

Accepted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.