1. Hey Guest Please vote for us at https://vote.cityprison.net You'll get awesome rewards like Kits, Crates, Money and more! Make sure to vote every 24 hours! - Thanks :)
  2. Hey Guest, If you can please support us by donating to our server! https://donate.cityprison.net it helps us keep going and growing our minecraft network. We've been open for over 5 years!

SmokeNandos' ChatMod Application

Discussion in 'Apply for Staff' started by SmokeNandos, May 28, 2019.

1. SmokeNandos

SmokeNandos New Member
    Titanium Member

Round 2, here we go again.

LETS GOOOO

IGN:

SmokeNandos

How old are you:

What is your time-zone (GMT):

GMT+1

How long have you played on City Prison:

Around 2 years, on and off.

How many hours a day can you be on for:

On weekends and school holidays, I can be on for around 2-5 hours. During school days I can be on for around 1-3 hours. I’m close to finishing school soon anyway so my activity will increase during the summer.

What is your current rank (Block):

I am currently rank DrugDealer

Do you have experience with prison servers:

Yes, I have experience with a range of different prison servers including OP and non OP ones such as CityPrison. This means that I understand how most prison servers work so I can help players efficiently with any questions they ask.

Do you have experience with support/helper ranks:

I’ve been ChatStaff in the past on CP for around 8 months so I would say that I have good experience with support/helper ranks since I know the rules and commands very well as a lower tier staff.

Have you read all of the server rules, understand the donation

system, and the way the server works:

Yes, I’ve read all of the server rules. I’ve donated to the server in the past so I understand how the donation system works and I understand how the server works because I’ve been playing on CityPrison for a very long time, ranking up through most of the ranks up until DrugDealer.

What makes you the best support/helper applicant:

As stated before, I’ve been staff on CP in the past so my knowledge of the commands and rules are still very good. This means that it will be easier to get back to grips if I’m selected of being a staff member.

I believe that I’m a helpful person to the CP community and I’m always willing to learn anything new. I’m an easy person to get along with as I’m a relatively calm person overall. I also have a clean history from the reset with no warnings or mutes which shows that I understand and can follow the server’s rules effectively.

Another reason why I would be the best applicant is that I can touch type extremely fast (around 80-100WPM) meaning that I can reply to users for help very fast and I can also issue out punishments rapidly with little error. This ensures that the chat is moderated and is kept clean from rule breakers at all times when I’m on.

Do you have Discord and Teamspeak (You need Discord, and must have a mic):

Yes I have Discord and a mic. My Discord is SmokeNandos#2247.

The CityPrison Teamspeak has shut down so I don’t believe it’s necessary to have/use Teamspeak.

Additional Info:

N/A

Q1. What are all of the mute times, and how many warns before each mute?

Spam - 3-4 repeated messages or 6+ repeated characters eg: lllllllllllll). Repeating a word 4 times or more, typing random special characters and typing in a language that isn’t English.

Double posting 3 times in the timespan of 30 seconds also counts as spam.

1 warning then a 10 minute mute.

Excessive Spam - The same or similar message that is sent 5 or more times:

An instant 15 minute mute.

Vulgar - Inappropriate words or phrases used. Clear examples that users can be punished for include but are not limited to: ‘Fuck’, ‘Ass’, ‘Cunt’:

2 warns then a 10 minute mute.

Caps - 3 or more words that are in capital letters in a short sentence. TyPiNG LIkE THiS still applies to the rule if it is excessive. An excessive amount of capital words in a long sentence:

2 warns then a 10 minute mute.

Advertising - This can include but is not limited to:

• Advertising another server’s IP address
    • Advertising a website and posting a link that is not linked to CP

A Tier 2 staff (Support/Guard) will mute you instantly for 1 day with no warnings UNLESS you mention another Minecraft server name or post a link that’s is not related to CP. If you do this then you will be verbally warned after saying it and if you continue to say it in public chat then you will be punished for advertising. A T2 staff will then send the screenshot of the mute to a T3+ (Moderator/SrGuard+) so they can ban the user permanently for advertising with no option to appeal. This isn’t usually needed if there is already a T3+ staff online.

Discrimination - Making fun of any race, religion or ethnic group. Please note that if you break this rule in PMs then you will be punished. Please don’t do this because T4+ (Admin/Commander+) have socialspy (permissions to a command which allows them to view everyone's PMs so don’t think you will get away with it even if the recipient decides not to report you even if you are just ‘joking’ around.

30 minute instant mute with no warnings.

Harassment - Excessive Intimidation or uncontrolled annoyance towards any user. Usually, a staff member will give you at LEAST one verbal warning before muting for Harassment.

30 minute instant mute

Permanent Mutes - You may receive a permanent mute from a T4+ staff for the following:

• Logging on the server just to cause problems
    • 75 warns/40 mutes within a month
    • 24 warns/12 mutes in one day
    • Getting muted 4 times in one day for Discrimination/Racism, Harassment or Excessive Spam. Note that these add up separately. An example which will NOT get you permanently muted is receiving 2 harassment and 2 Excessive Spam mutes because 2+2 = 4 - 1 thats 3 quick maths but they are unrelated nah jk plz don’t ban me
    • Several incidents of excessive spam before logging off

Q2. How do I earn money?

There are various ways you can earn money. You can vote 5 times a day on https://cityprison.net/vote. You will earn 1000 grams for each site you vote on.

You can also complete quests, some NPCs will reward you with money.

Another way to make money is by mining. When you first start you can use /kit tools where you will obtain a full set of iron tools (Efficiency I Iron Pickaxe), a full set of iron armor and 16 pieces of steak. You can then sell your items to the sell signs OR you can go to /warp BM and sell your items for a profit.

A way to gain money at a super fast rate is to donate for a rank by typing /donate. The donator blocs have sell signs that are higher than the regular prison blocks and some are higher than the black market prices. On the same note about BMs, you can also rent your own BM and sell your items to other people. This is particularly useful if you sell an item for a low value at your BM to other players because you will be able to sell them using the sell signs on your block for a higher profit.

Q3. Where do I get food? Will I starve?

You will not starve because you can get food through various methods. For example /kit food will give you 5 steak, /kit tools will give you 16 steak. You may also use animal grinders from blocks as you rank up to obtain food. Another way to obtain food is to buy them at the blackmarket. Donating for the command /feed is the best way of keeping your hunger up as it gives you full hunger and can be used every minute.

Q4. How do I auction my sword?

There are different ways you can auction your sword. You can use the /auc command which allows you to set up an auction. To start an auction, you must have the sword you want to sell in your hand and you should type /auc start [Quantity] [Price] [Price Increment/Increase] [Time] [Buy Now]. Please note that you do not need to specify a quantity, increment, time or buy now price. Prisoners can then bid on the sword. To view other auction commands type /auc in chat.

Another way to auction your sword is to use the /ah (Auction House) command. The Auction House is a place where you can auction your items for a longer period of time in comparison to regular auctions in chat. To place your sword in the Auction House you’ll need to have it in your hand and then type /ah sell (price). The sword will be on the /ah for 2 days.

Q5. What are drugs?

Drugs are dyes that have been renamed because they have a special potion effect. Each drug is different and you have to be the rank DrugDealer to make drugs since they require Cacti which can only be found from the DrugDealer world.

Rocky - When combining Cacti with Cocoa Beans, the drug produced is Rocky. Rocky grants Strength and the level of strength provided is based on the amount of Cacti you use to create Rocky. For example 64 pieces of Cacti mixed with Cocoa Beans makes Baby Rocky (the lowest level of strength), 96 pieces of Cacti makes Child Rocky (the second level) and 128 pieces of cacti creates Teen Rocky (the highest level of strength).

FireFighter - When combining Cacti with Red Rose, the drug produced is FireFighter. FireFighter grants Fire Protection. 96 pieces of Cacti creates JrFireFighter (the lowest level of Fire Protection) and 128 pieces of Cacti creates Veteran FireFighter (the highest level).

Hops - When combining Cacti with Orange Dye, the drug produced is Hops. Hops grants Jump Boost and the first level of Hops is Small Hops which is produced when you use 80 cacti. The second level is called Medium Hops and requires 96 Cacti and finally the final level is called Large Hops requiring 128 Cacti.

Health - When combining Cacti with Lime Dye, the drug produced is Health. There is only one level of Health and requires 128 Cacti. Your health is fully restored once you consume Health.

Ninja - When combining Cacti with Yellow Dye, the drug produced is Ninja. Ninja grants invisibility and there are 3 different levels of Ninja. Small Ninja requires 64 Cacti, Medium Ninja requires 96 cacti and Quick Ninja requires 128 Cacti.

Steroids - When combining Cacti with Cactus Green, the drug produced is Steroids which grants Haste. There are 3 different levels of Steroids which are Short Steroids (requiring 64 cacti), Medium Steroids (requiring 96 Cacti) and Long Steroids (requiring 128 Cacti).

Healer - When combining Cacti with Pink Dye, the drug produced is Healer which grants Health Regeneration. There is only one level of Healer which requires 96 Cacti.

Diver - When combining Cacti with Lapis Lazuli, the drug produced is Diver which grants Water Breathing. New Diver requires 48 Cacti, Trained Diver requires 64 Cacti and Veteran Diver requires 80 Cacti.

Speed - When combining Cacti with Ink Sacks, the drug produced is Speed which grants Speed. Quickie Speed requires 80 Cacti, Medium Speed requires 96 Cacti and Super Speed requires 128 Cacti.

Bat - When combining Cacti with Grey Dye, the drug produced is Bat which grants Night Vision. Baby Bat requires 64 Cacti, Kid Bat requires 80 Cacti and Teen Bat requires 96 Cacti.

Q6. How do I vote?

To vote, you can type /vote in chat or visit vote.cityprison.net. Follow the instructions provided and vote on all the links. You will be guaranteed 1000 grams per vote and a token which can be redeemed to obtain various rewards such as extra cash and crates.

Q7. How do I get a plot?

To obtain a 10x10 plot you must first have 50,000 grams in game. You can visit /warp plots and find an unclaimed plot. You should then type /plot claim whilst standing on the unclaimed plot. A faster way would be to type /plot auto as the server will find you an unclaimed plot, claim it and teleport you there automatically.

You can donate for a 10x10 and 50x50 plot at donate.cityprison.net. 10x10 plots cost $2.50 USD real life money and 50x50 plots cost $10 USD.

Q8. How can I tell how long is left on my cell?

There is a sign that is situated next to the door of your cell which shows when your cell expires after you left click on the sign.

Q9. Why am I in jail?

You’re in jail because you’ve failed to hand over a contraband to a guard before the timer they’ve given you ran out. A contraband is an item that is forbidden in the prison and they include but aren’t limited to swords, enchanted armor and enchanted tools.

Please note players that Donor, God or Platinum have their jail time halved. For Legendary and Titanium users, their jail time is 2 minutes, 30 seconds. All player that are Donor have their jail time halved and can not be jailed for having enchanted armor and tools. OffDuty Guards and Chat side staff can still be jailed. JrWardens+ can not be jailed.

Q10. Where can I see how much time is left on my friend’s ban?

You can visit bans.cityprison.net. Visit the prison section and click on the ‘Bans’ tab. You need to enter your friend’s IGN on the search bar.

Q11. Someone stole an item from my furnace, can you get it back for me?

Unfortunately, I can not get your item back from you because it’s your responsibility to take your items from the furnace after using it. The furnaces in blocks are public furnaces so if you a forgettable person then you should buy a plot or rent a cell and use your furnace in there.

On the other hand, if you believe that someone has sneaked into the public furnace room whilst you were using it when it was closed then higher staff could be able to return your items to you if you give them sufficient evidence such as a video showing someone using wallhacks to enter the furnace room. This can apply to furnaces in your plots and cells as well.

Q12. How do I make a black market buy or sell sign?

Firstly, you have to have your own black market. To do this you can rent a BM that is free at /warp BM by right clicking on a BM cell sign. You then need to place a chest down with a sign attached to the chest with the following information in this order:

• [Amount]
    • B $: $ S - For example B 30: 10 S means players will buy an item for 30 grams from your BM and they will sell for 10 grams.
    • ? - This will automatically detect the item in the chest which will save you time

Q13. How do I become chatmod?

To become a ChatMod, you can apply on the forums at https://forums.cityprison.net/forums/ApplyChat/ and following the format provided at https://forums.cityprison.net/threads/chatmod-application-and-information.1275/. Please note that you must be at least F-Block and 14 years old to apply (otherwise you will need permission from a T5+ staff member).

Q14. I hate this. Can I buy my freedom with real money?

If you’re having trouble with ranking up or would like to progress to a higher rank faster, you can donate for a rank at donate.cityprison.net. The following ranks can be bought:

• C-Block
    • E-Block
    • G-Block
    • I-Block
    • DrugDealer

Donor ranks can also be purchased which will increase the speed at which you rank up since the sell signs are significantly higher in comparison to regular non donor blocks.

Q15. Who owns the server?

The Owner of CityPrison is ashour and the Co-Owner is Diamond_Rush1. If you have any queries then you can contact Ashour on skype at ashour253 or through email at [email protected]

Q16. Why is my name green in chat?

Your name is green in chat because someone has typed a word or phrase that includes 4 or more characters from your name. This is particularly helpful during situations where chat is scrolling fast and someone is calling your name because green is a light colour and can be identified clearly. In other cases it can seem very annoying especially when your name lights up green when no one has intention of chatting to you.

Q17. What are grams?

Grams are the in-game currency on the CityPrison server.

Q18. How much does a cell cost? How much does a black market stall cost?

A cell costs 500 grams per day and needs to be renewed everyday. You can donate for a larger cell by typing /donate for more storage and decoration space. A black market stall costs 5000 grams per day and can be rented for up to 7 days. BM1 and BM21 costs 10,000 grams and recently, the new BM22 was made available which costs a whopping 20,000 grams per day to keep it up.

Q19. How do I escape?

Technically, there is no ‘official free’ rank on CP however the rank that is closest to this is DrugDealer. When you rank up to DrugDealer you would’ve technically escaped the prison because you are allowed into the open world but the main purpose of the DrugDealer world is to farm drugs. Unfortunately at the current time, the drug world is down so you will not be able to enter the open world.

There are still ranks after DrugDealer to grind for which includes Prestige 1 and Prestige 2 ranks if you wish to continue.

Q20. How do I report a player?

There are various ways that you can report a player. The simplest way is to contact a staff member that is currently online on the server or on Discord. You should send them evidence such as a video or screenshot of a player breaking a rule and they could be dealt with accordingly if the staff member is active).

The other way to report a player is through the forums. You can make a thread on the ‘Report a Player’ section and follow the format provided. Please note that the following reasons are not reportable and your report will be instantly denied by a staff member:

• Anything that can be temp banned for less than a day
    • Harassment, spamming, swearing or any of those kind unless it is excessive.

Q21. I fell through the world, can I have my stuff back?

Unfortunately I can not give your stuff back however if you have proof such as video or photo evidence of this then you may contact a higher tier staff such as a T5+ (JrWarden+) with the proof and they might give your items back. You can also post evidence on the forums as well on the ‘Suggestions/Bugs’ section.

Q22. What are quests and how do I do them?

Quests are tasks that are given out by NPCs (Non Playable Characters). These tasks can range from giving the NPC a specific item or killing another prisoner for the NPC. Once you complete a quest, you will be rewarded by the NPC.

To start a quest, you need to right click on an NPC which are scattered around the prison from block to block. Starting a quest can be different for each quest. Some NPCs will require you to left click on their ‘story’ that they give you. Others will require you to type either a number or ‘yes’ in the chat after you read their ‘story’. For quests that require you to gather materials, you will need to go back to the NPC and right click them with the correct item/s in your hand to receive your rewards.

Q23. Can I have OP?

No unfortunately, you can not have OP however you can always apply for ChatMod or JrGuard and make your way up the ranks on the CityPrison forums at https://forums.cityprison.net/threads/chatmod-application-and-information.1275/ or https://forums.cityprison.net/threads/jrguard-application-and-information.1274/. Please note that you have to be at least 14 years old and F-Block to apply for a staff rank and you can only apply for one rank at a time.

If you ask for OP then you will be verbally warned. If you continue then you will be temporarily banned for 7 days.

Q24. Am I allowed to have enchanted items?

You are allowed to have enchanted items however enchanted items are known as contrabands. A contraband is an item that forbidden in the prison and they include but aren’t limited to swords, enchanted armor and enchanted tools. Guards that are OnDuty would give you a 5 second timer to drop the contraband and if you refuse to do so you will be jailed.

Q25. Can you unban my friend? How can they be unbanned?

No I can not unban your friend however they may appeal on the forums to be unbanned at https://forums.cityprison.net/threads/unban-format.1276/. Please note that your friend can not appeal a ban if it is an advertisement ban, doxing, any type of dox or DDoS threats or if their ban clearly states ‘No Appeal’. Temp bans are also not appealable.

The only way for your friend to be unbanned if they were banned under the reason that states ‘No Appeal’ is to donate for an unban at donate.cityprison.net. Please note that under the jurisdiction of ashour or Diamond_Rush1, your friend could be refunded the unban if the owners do not want them back on CP.

Q26. Can a player be added to my plot or perm cell? If so, how?

Yes, there are several ways that allow players to be added to your plot. One way is to contact a T5+ staff and ask them to trust your friend to your plot. The ‘trust’ features will allow your friend to break blocks and build in your plot when you’re offline as well as online. If you don’t want your friend to be trusted then you can just type /plot add (your friends IGN) which means they are a member of your plot and can only build and break blocks whilst you are online.

The only way your friend can be added to your permanent cell is if you donate for the feature. A T5+ staff will then give your friend permission to build and break blocks in your cell.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my ChatMod application. If you have any comments feel free to leave them as I am more than happy to take any constructive criticism or feedback that’s given.

2. Ecl1pzx

Ecl1pzx New Member

+1

3. CynicalEevee

CynicalEevee New Member
    Chatmod Legendary Titanium Member

So much amazing detail as to be expected as a former staff member! I don't have much to say other than you'd be incredible for the position since it wasn't that long ago you were still a Support. I don't know why you wouldn't be accepted, but good luck to you! It'll be great to have you back! +1 from me no questions asked!

4. CynicalEevee

CynicalEevee New Member
    Chatmod Legendary Titanium Member

So much amazing detail as to be expected as a former staff member! I don't have much to say other than you'd be incredible for the position since it wasn't that long ago you were still a Support. I don't know why you wouldn't be accepted, but good luck to you! It'll be great to have you back! +1 from me no questions asked!

5. BrOsChErRy

BrOsChErRy Member
    Support Titanium Member

+1

6. AryaFein

AryaFein New Member

+1 You needed to handle personal business, I get that, and your application is spot on! :D Good luck!

7. Mr_lonely132

Mr_lonely132 Builder
    Staff Member Admin Titanium Premium Member

Become more active, help out in chat, and I will change my -1 to a +1.

• Like Like x 1
  8. owen1445

owen1445 Active Member
    Titanium Premium Member

cover2.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Dodo

Dodo Member

-1, genuine idiot, bit racist, and yeah I don’t wannabe banned on here yet so I’ll just stop there

• Salt Salt x 1
  10. chickenprism

chickenprism New Member

+1 Dodo is a troll

11. Zilv28

Zilv28 Picky Kid
    SrGuard Wiki Team Premium Member

~Zilv

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1