1. Hey Guest Please vote for us at https://vote.cityprison.net You'll get awesome rewards like Kits, Crates, Money and more! Make sure to vote every 24 hours! - Thanks :)
  2. Hey Guest, If you can please support us by donating to our server! https://donate.cityprison.net it helps us keep going and growing our minecraft network. We've been open for over 5 years!

Suggestion (stars idea)

Discussion in 'Junk' started by ruiy, Jul 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruiy

ruiy Member
    God Member

So after @SilverNightFrost made her app there's been a lot of talk on gender bias and favouritism within staff applications.

Although it plays a huge role on the outcome of the applicant, some players still think it's all about "hard work".

The staff application system isn't a bad one at all, it works for a lot of servers. But for this server it doesn't work whatsoever only because the higher ups decide and only accept the applicants they like the most or 'favour' more, even if the applicant is bad for the community/playerbase.

I've suggested an easy fix for this already, but incase you missed it:
    Add a voting system so the playerbase can decide an applicant's Faith. That way majority rules and the playerbase is actually happy with the outcome. Another way is to have reliable higher ups that don't favour others and have an equal view on each applicant.

At the moment there is way too much staff for such a small player base. Sometimes staff takes up half if not more of the tab list. There should be a limit on the amount of staff.

Also I'm sorry @SilverNightFrost that most of this seems like it's a focus on you. It is not intended at all. I think you would make a good applicant but the system isn't fair for everyone and deffinitly needs a fix.

If anyone has a better idea or disagrees with me please don't be afraid to tell me, I have an open mind, I just want what's best for the community

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Ecl1pzx

Ecl1pzx New Member
    Titanium Member

I agree with this. You worded this well and the ideas you presented ideas that are good for the community overall. I want to see other peoples opinions on the matter and what they would do differently.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Zilv28

Zilv28 Ex-SrGuard
    Wiki Team Premium Member

I agree with you.
    Our application system is public and everyone can have a say on them, which means everyone's opinion on the applicant should be taken into consideration but that does not always happen. Sometimes higher-ups don't seem to look at the ratings and decide based off whether they favor the applicant or not.
    As you said Staff Members and especially higher-ups should have an equal view on each applicant.
    Also, even though we might have enough staff members that should not affect someone's chance to be accepted or not, that should just make the applicant a little longer than usual for a spot to be filled in case we needed them.
    There is a bit of stuff in the staff team that needs to be revised a second in my opinion.

~Zilv

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  4. ItzRubix_

ItzRubix_ Well-Known Member
    Titanium Member

I rate the idea highly, but realistically it’s not gonna happen. The favouritism is too deeply imbedded in some (leave it at that so this doesn’t get deleted) so they couldn’t handle it. Also, Silver’s app got locked and messages deleted because people were giving their opinions showing that if their opinions don’t match a certain higher ups, they mean absolutely nothing and are avoided at all costs, sadly can’t see it happening even tho it’s a super good idea.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. TidalxWave

TidalxWave New Member
    Titanium Member

I think letting the player base decide is a good idea. However there will always be bias even among players. We can't get rid of it entirely but letting more people decide is better than a few individuals. Hopefully a system for this kind of thing is put in place and if enough people like the idea the greater the chance it can be implemented. Unfortunately, a simple disagree or agree may take away from the characteristics of the applicant that makes them good or bad so more detail can be put in. Theres always room for improvement on any idea so id like to see more people's thoughts on this. It's a good start at getting rid of superior favoritism that many of you are upset about. Im glad this is a separate thread for this case.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Bubbywolf15

Bubbywolf15 Ya Boii
    Titanium Premium Member

I agree with you completely that it should be a vote from the whole community if an applicant is accepted, unless a staff member has a strong objection to the overall decision made and provides that reason. For example, if everyone is voting "yes" because they all really like someone, but a staff member finds an issue that should keep them from being promoted, that overrule should be accepted. (If, of course, it is a valid reason for not accepting them and not due to a personal dislike).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. OnlySnow

OnlySnow New Member
    Legendary Titanium Member

Its a great idea, but higher staff also have reasons why they deny or accept application. Some decisions are also made by people who are bias, but thats not always the main focus or reason why the applicant was denied/accepted.

CityPrison has players who would vote honestly for players who want to apply, and some who wouldn’t. Tbh, someone will apply for staff and get people to vote for them by bribing or something. This could be very bad and cause issues with staff and players. When people apply on the forums staff and player’s opinions matter. Normal players may see something staff don’t.

This idea can definitely be used in a way, but should not be used as the applicant’s fate. What I think should happen though, is that all staff members and players should get a say on what they think (making comments on the applicant’s thread) and the staff team, as a whole, should talk about it. Once the decision is made a higher tier will accept/deny with a reasoning.

• Agree Agree x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.